Was decided to abandon Windows native file manager and switch to Everything 1.5

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
B1-66ER

Was decided to abandon Windows native file manager and switch to Everything 1.5

Post by B1-66ER »

The only things I keep use win+e is to call the native manager is that there are partition sizes and a recycle bin on home page of it. It was meant to say that how Microsoft can't make a handy file manager. Or maybe I'm asking too much for a file manager.

I try not to use beta apps nowaday. But the native file manager, I feel it become slow more and more, especially after the official refine. And I got more movie to manage, and recently I started to remove the redundant but also so big audio tracks from tons of mkv, also the graphic subtitles can be 10mb+ per track.

On the other hand the Everything is so fast and full keyboard shortcut supported.
So yesterday I somehow started to give a newer developing version of Everything a try and found that there is treeview on it. And I think this should be the time to move.

One question, should I keep further/derived contents attached to the main post, like suggestions or bugs, or create a new one for each?
Also since I'm using version 1.5, I shouldn't use A or B anymore but C of the forum, right?
A = /Everything/Suggestions
B = /Everything/Bug report
C = /Everything 1.5 Alpha

Thank you.
void
Developer

Re: Was decided to abandon Windows native file manager and switch to Everything 1.5

Post by void »

Please keep in mind that Everything 1.5 is in development.

One question, should I keep further/derived contents attached to the main post, like suggestions or bugs, or create a new one for each?
Please create a new topic for each.
Please use the Everything 1.5 Alpha forum for Everything 1.5a suggestions/bugs.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.
B1-66ER

Re: Was decided to abandon Windows native file manager and switch to Everything 1.5

Post by B1-66ER »

What keep in my mind more is Windows is in development too, especially it file manager.