Treeview: Recycle bin, root item size, auto expand, and focus

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
B1-66ER

Treeview: Recycle bin, root item size, auto expand, and focus

Post by B1-66ER »

A recycle bin may be place on the last root entry.

Size of total and free/used space in text and graphic, progress bars, for every root items, drive partitions, also the size of recycle bin.

If showing a result of a folder, auto uncollapse the folder on treeview. Which may include single mouse click on icon/titles on treeview entries, or via the keyboard shortcut Explore path in Everything.

Is there a way to move focus to treeview from address bar or result list without mouse? One prefer a keyboard shortcut, or include it to the current 2 cycle tab key switch: between address bar and result list.
void
Developer

Re: Treeview: Recycle bin, root item size, auto expand, and focus

Post by void »

I will consider an option to show the recycle bin as the last entry.

I will consider showing the total size and free size for each root in a future version of Everything.

I am considering an option to bring into view the parent folder of the current result list focus in the folder sidebar.
I haven't worked out how to highlight this yet.. I will work on this more..
I will consider showing the focused folder instead of the parent of the focused folder.
I will consider auto expanded folders when you click on them. (there are command line options to do this, but nothing in the UI yet)

Thank you for the suggestions.

Is there a way to move focus to treeview from address bar or result list without mouse?
TAB should focus the folder sidebar from the search box by default.
Check your Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> treeview_tab_stop setting. (should be set to true)
You can set a keyboard shortcut under Tools -> Options -> Keyboard -> View | Show Folders
B1-66ER

Post by B1-66ER »

Sorry I edited the advanced options about treeview and mess up with it, and I forgot it.

I reseted those options and I can focus with Tab key now. It is good for me for now, thank you very much.
B1-66ER

Post by B1-66ER »

void wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:10 am there are command line options to do this, but nothing in the UI yet)
Can you please explain a little more about his option?

I tried the command "Everything64.exe -explore-expand", it create a new tab but nothing different as I can tell.

Is it a permanent setting to let the treeview folder auto expand when click on it?
What I was supposed to tell is about a single click to expand feature. Like the old Windows XP, click treeview entries icon/text = click "+" to expand, but also select the entry.
void
Developer

Post by void »

-explore-expand must be combined with -explore

Example usage:

Everything64.exe -explore "c:\windows" -explore-expand

This will:
Show the folders sidebar
Select C:\Windows in the folder sidebar
Expand C:\windows so subfolders are shown.

-explore-expand
-explore

Is it a permanent setting to let the treeview folder auto expand when click on it?
There's no such option to expand on click.
I will consider an option to do this. (XP: Simple folder view)
Thank you for the suggestion.
B1-66ER

Post by B1-66ER »

void wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:57 am -explore-expand must be combined with -explore

(XP: Simple folder view)
Yes, 'Simple', you remember the name too! I miss it so much. Navigate as fly!

For this purpose, I was first think about to add a Ctrl to click via AHK system wide as double click, then I easily remembered it's for multiple selection, next alt, it's not that familiar but still it's for properties, and Ctrl+right click, it opened in new window, what the hell. Finally Win + left click = double click, but honestly for so many years I use it way less than I was supposed to.