Possible to change zoom/text size using function/macro in Filter?

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
DerekZiemba

Possible to change zoom/text size using function/macro in Filter?

Post by DerekZiemba »

I have a "Movies" bookmark:
<add-column:Length;Dimensions;AudioChannels;Icaros.AudioTracks;Icaros.SubtitleTracks;Title> perceived-type:"video" height:">240"
<
<#[:"\Movies\" ext:avi;mp4;mkv length:">5m" #]:>
| <#[: length:">10m" height:">480" <AudioChannels:">2">
|<regex:propertysystem:Icaros.SubtitleTracks:"\b(SRT|PGS|ASS|VOBSUB)\b|\[Eng\]">
|<propertysystem:Icaros.AudioTracks:"[Eng]"> #]:>
> < <ignore-punc:ignore-whitespace:<X:>>|<ignore-punc:ignore-whitespace:Title:<X:> >

When I'm in my "Movies" filter/view, I'm usually not up close to the monitor & can't read the text. Is there a macro/function to adjust text-size from within the Search Query or from a bookmark/filter? Kind of like what the `view:` function/macro does?

If not, I know you're busy & it'd be nice to see Everything get out of Alpha, then this is a feature request for after Everything is out of alpha/beta. Wouldn't want to slow progress down bcus the official version is so far behind the alpha I feel sorry for anyone who accidentally downloads it & misses out on the greatness of the alpha.
NotNull

Re: Possible to change zoom/text size using function/macro in Filter?

Post by NotNull »

You could add /result_list_font_size=25, followed by 'ALT + ENTER' to the search query, but that will change the fontsize for the next Everything window, not the current one.

Is using 'CTRL + SHIFT + scrollwheel' to zoomn in/out an option for you?
DerekZiemba

Post by DerekZiemba »

So from a distance, all I have available to me is the wireless mouse or my phone. I want aware ctrll+shift+ scroll would s zoom the UI though. I'll have to try that later.
Screenshot_20230722-161009_Unified Remote Full.png
Screenshot_20230722-161009_Unified Remote Full.png (134.31 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
void
Developer

Post by void »

The next alpha update will apply /result_list_font_size=25 immediately.

For now, please try including the following in your bookmark:
/zoom=150

where 150 is the zoom percent.
Unfortunately, this scales the entire UI.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

DerekZiemba wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:10 pm So from a distance, all I have available to me is the wireless mouse or my phone. I want aware ctrll+shift+ scroll would s zoom the UI though.
[...]
I also often am afar for my screen and in need of seeing what Everything shows

I do no know if those will be of any interest to you / applicable to your needs, but there are 2 zoom topics: viewtopic.php?t=13499, viewtopic.php?t=13501

And have you considered using Magnify.exe of Windows or some other such tool? You can even make a hotkey for turning of it on and off with some third party program
Last edited by Thy Grand Voidinesss on Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1353a will now update your /result_list_font_size changes immediately.