Drag to Explorer / Undo History

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Drag to Explorer / Undo History

Post by meteorquake »

I'm not sure if it's possible to, but if it is it would be good to add to the Undo History items dragged out into Explorer. Certainly I dragged a Folder out and didn't spot it recorded.
Cheers! David
void
Developer

Re: Drag to Explorer / Undo History

Post by void »

Unfortunately, Explorer doesn't provide the drop-target folder back to Everything.

I have on my TODO list to work out some way to get this information..
I can see if the files were moved/copied, but not where (only a generic 'File System Folder' CLSID).

For now, these moves can be undone from Windows Explorer -> Edit -> Undo or Everything -> Index -> Index Journal.
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

I guess if the folder or file's timestamps etc are noted before the move and it's to the same drive, Everything should then spot a new item come in with those same attributes.
The problem with Explorer's undo is once you've done another action you can't undo the one you want. The Undo history in Everything is useful also to check what you've done even when you don't want to do an undo. Sometimes you wonder "where did I really move that to" and it's easy to check :)
d
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

I wonder if meanwhile on moving a file out of Everything into Explorer it should just say in the history "(Explorer)" rather than a destination path and not perform anything with an undo, as it's a useful record of a move action even if the destination is (currently) unassertainable.

David