Changing filter and appending a bookmark.

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
harryray2

Changing filter and appending a bookmark.

Post by harryray2 »

I've created a filter dm:last2mins|dc:last2mins..is it possible, when using this filter to easily adjust the parameters on the current search?

For example, if I do a search with the context menu to "C:\Users\user\Desktop\ff portable\" I would use the filter. But if I want to change it to 5mins would I have to cancel the filter and add it in manually.

The best solution for me would be the ability to append a bookmark to "C:\Users\user\Desktop\ff portable\" but as this can't be done, I have to use a filter.
void
Developer

Re: Changing filter and appending a bookmark.

Post by void »

Please try creating a macro:
  • In Everything, from the Search menu, click Add to filters....
  • Change the Name to:
    Date Modified or Date Created
  • Change the Search to:
    dm:search:|dc:search:
  • Change the Macro to:
    dmc<search>
  • Click OK.
Now you can search for:
dmc:last2mins
which will expand to:
dm:last2mins|dc:last2mins

If you would like to have dmc: default to last 2 mins, please try the following filter search:
#if:<#len:<search:>,dm:search:|dc:search:,dm:last2mins|dc:last2mins>
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Is there a work around to append a bookmark to an entry in the search box?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Please try Bookmark macros.

For example, you might have a bookmark to search your download folder: D:\downloads\
Set this bookmark macro to dl

Now you can use dl: in your search instead of D:\downloads\
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks, but this approach will only work if I'm using a small amount of the same bookmarks each time, which I'm not.

I can do this for frequently used bookmarks but my bookmark use is varied.
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

Now you can use dl: in your search instead of D:\downloads\
this approach is not as fast and convenient as a simple appending/adding of a bookmark to the search edit
(the appending requires 2 clicks only, and seemingly requires no typing at all)

moreover, i often use this bookmark:          content:"×"
(match path - enabled)
(filter - cue, txt)

the × symbol is manually substituted by a desired text

and as i understand, i cannot use the 'Bookmark macros' approach in this case (at least my attempts were not successful)

i'm thinking about a creation of yet another textual fragment (in ahk)
the content:"×" textual fragment may receive the alt+c combination, for example
this way i'll get something similar to the appending of a bookmark

but this is just a possible work-around (probably not an ideal solution)
at least because i already have dozens of such textual fragments
alt+c is not available, by the way. as well as all other alt+[some-letter] combinations
void
Developer

Post by void »

Some ideas, please let me know if any sound useful:

Right click bookmark -> Append to search

An Insert Bookmark dialog (with appropriate key bind);
For example:
Position caret in search box to the location where to bookmark search will be inserted.
Press the Insert Bookmark dialog key bind.
Select a bookmark and click OK.

A preprocessor search function to access the current search from the bookmark search.
For example, a bookmark search:
#cur-search: content:"x"

Hold down some sort of modifier key and click the bookmark. (eg: Ctrl + Shift)

I'll experiment with these and see if any of them are useful.
Thanks for the suggestions.
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

I suggested in an earlier post that the Bookmark Editor might provide the option "Append" under the droplist that currently says Search > "(No Change) | Custom" making it an Append Bookmark. An Append Bookmark would be a sort of recipe or snippet that works in tandem with your existing search / path.

Alternately, Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click are available Bookmark Menu clicking options that could be used to append a bookmark, similar to Right-Click > Append Bookmark. This seems least invasive, and perhaps most intuitive.

Method to append Bookmark to existing search terms?
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

Right click bookmark -> Append to search
it's not an ideal approach but it's much better than nothing

if there's a way to reduce the quantity of clicks (from 3 to 2), then this approach would be the best, seemingly
by the way: some lines (inside the main menu) may have a tick to the left side of them. like in the 'view' or 'search' main menu

is it possible to add something like a short 'tick' area? (to the left or the right side of each bookmark: inside the main menu)
it may be a symbol a, for instance
so left-clicking on the 'a' symbol will lead to appending of this bookmark
while left-clicking on the same line (but outside the 'a' symbol) will lead to usual selecting of this bookmark

there could be an alternative way (which i prefer the most at the moment)
just several minutes ago i found out that a bookmark has its small 'right-click' menu:
1. open
2. open in a new tab
3. open in a new window

my opinion:
1. could be removed. it is simply unnecessary
2. could be removed. to compensate the tiny loss, a new feature may be added instead: hold 'shift' while left-clicking on a bookmark's name
3. could be removed. to compensate the tiny loss, a new feature may be added instead: hold 'ctrl' while left-clicking on a bookmark's name

so the whole 'right-click' menu could be removed, and instead:
the right click (on a bookmark's name) appends this bookmark: to a place in search box where the caret is currently positioned
(no middle clicks, please: my simple but great logitech-mouse just doesn't have such third button)

Hold down some sort of modifier key and click the bookmark. (eg: Ctrl + Shift)
Ctrl+Shift+[some other key] is too complicated for a constant usage
such combinations are not acceptable (at least for me)
personally, i try to avoid (where i can) the combinations that are even less complicated: Ctrl+[some-button] or Shift+[some-button]

example: i have 8 separate keyboard buttons that are responsible for switching between windows in taskbar
i'm sure that the important and frequently repetitive tasks must be very-very easy to start/invoke/open/run

~12-13 years ago i forgot about very popular but also very bad 'Alt+F4' combination: i simply press Num5 instead (ahk allows to do it easily)
it is necessary to care about the health: i speak about the fingers ... about the eyes (that's why i never use the awful 'dark mode' option)

here's another idea (personally, i don't like it very much, but it may be convenient for some other users):

there's the 'organize bookmarks' window. i have the content:"×" bookmark there
after i click on the 'edit' button, i see the 'edit bookmark' window
there the 'keyboard shortcut' line is present
what about adding a new line slightly lower? for example, the 'append shortcut' line
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks, I use my mouse a lot so a right click with a positioning caret in the search box to the location where the bookmark is to be inserted would be great, and it would certainly solve a few problems I have.
Including options to do it in other ways as well would be a bonus.

Actually, having a right click on a bookmark with other options as well would be nice..something like edit bookmark, delete bookmark etc.

Regarding the filter macro, is it possible to be able to position the caret where I want to insert a value?
For example dm:last(insert value here)mins|dc:last(insert value here)mins.
void
Developer

Post by void »

I suggested in an earlier post that the Bookmark Editor might provide the option "Append" under the droplist that currently says Search > "(No Change) | Custom" making it an Append Bookmark. An Append Bookmark would be a sort of recipe or snippet that works in tandem with your existing search / path.
I will consider an Append to the Bookmark search option.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Alternately, Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click are available Bookmark Menu clicking options that could be used to append a bookmark, similar to Right-Click > Append Bookmark. This seems least invasive, and perhaps most intuitive.
The following modifier keys are already defined:
Shift will open in a new tab.
Ctrl will open in a new window.
I would like to keep these standard modifier keys and actions.

is it possible to add something like a short 'tick' area? (to the left or the right side of each bookmark: inside the main menu)
it may be a symbol a, for instance
so left-clicking on the 'a' symbol will lead to appending of this bookmark
while left-clicking on the same line (but outside the 'a' symbol) will lead to usual selecting of this bookmark
Not with the stock menus unfortunately.

there could be an alternative way (which i prefer the most at the moment)
just several minutes ago i found out that a bookmark has its small 'right-click' menu:
1. open
2. open in a new tab
3. open in a new window
I would like to keep this menu.
Edit and Delete will also be added to this menu.

what about adding a new line slightly lower? for example, the 'append shortcut' line
This might lead to too many keyboard shortcuts.
Are there cases where you would always want the bookmark to be appended? or is it only sometimes?
In other words, is an option to always append bookmarks useful?
Would you want the inverse? -always append with the right click option to set the search?

Thanks, I use my mouse a lot so a right click with a positioning caret in the search box to the location where the bookmark is to be inserted would be great, and it would certainly solve a few problems I have.
Would you ever insert the bookmark search before the end of your search?

Actually, having a right click on a bookmark with other options as well would be nice..something like edit bookmark, delete bookmark etc.
Added for the next alpha update.

Regarding the filter macro, is it possible to be able to position the caret where I want to insert a value?
For example dm:last(insert value here)mins|dc:last(insert value here)mins.
Currently no.
The caret is always moved to the end.

Consider creating a macro:
/define lm<param>=dm:last""param:mins|dc:last""param:mins
Then create a bookmark with the search set to: lm:
Then you can simply add your minute value after lm:
For example:
lm:5
expands to:
dm:last5mins|dc:last5mins

Thanks for the suggestions.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Would you ever insert the bookmark search before the end of your search?
Ah, sorry, yes of course...I wrote that without thinking.

Presumably the right click to append a bookmark would also work from the select bookmark (search) box as well?
void
Developer

Post by void »

I would still need to consider cases where the user would like to insert a bookmark search at the start of a search or in the middle.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

I suppose in general, most bookmarks are at the start. I tend to insert a bookmark at the end when I've opened a directory with the context menu.

Having a default option of where to insert the bookmark would be useful, but the main thing is the ability to append a bookmark whether the insert point is set manually or automatically.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Presumably the right click to append a bookmark would also work from the select bookmark (search) box as well?
Ideally, yes.
From both Show all bookmarks and Select bookmark dialogs.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

That's brilliant...thanks.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

For example:
expands to:
This is a good idea but, apologies, I'm being dense..could you walk this through for me?
I rarely create macro's. I've tried it but I can't get it to work.
Last edited by harryray2 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

Are there cases where you would always want the bookmark to be appended? or is it only sometimes?
it seems to me that it is only sometimes
Would you want the inverse? -always append with the right click option to set the search?
this option may be useful if the implementation allows to choose/toggle it for some chosen bookmarks only

other thoughts (which are less important, seemingly):

probably it may be quite bearable for me to always get an appended bookmark at the end of search box
but it's better if a bookmark is always appended to a place in search box where the caret is currently positioned

some bookmarks are often used. and it's nice to obtain an opportunity to append any of them quickly

the following variant seems to be more or less normal:
a new option allowing to assign a button or a combination of buttons to the new 'append a bookmark' command

we have this possibility now (for many other commands). examples (from my options > keyboard):

a press on the '1' keyboard button means 'add to temporary excludes'
2 means 'remove recent temporary exclude | remove all recent temporary excludes'
8 means 'copy name to clipboard'
9 means 'copy path'
0 means 'copy full path'

so some my favorite bookmarks may get something like 'alt+4' and 'alt+5' and 'alt+6'
unfortunately, not just '4' or '5' or '6' because it's the search box (it's not the result list where the freedom is much larger)

thus my above-mentioned 'content' bookmark may get the 'alt+4' combination
though i'm not sure at all that it's more convenient than 3 clicks
but it could be an alternative way of appending a bookmark (no main menu, no right-click menu, no clicks at all)

while the other bookmarks (that are not very often used) may be appended in 3 clicks: using their right-click menus

(a small off-topic about options > keyboard)     visual indications of already assigned short-cuts could be very useful in that big list:

example of the current view:
file | add to temporary excludes                                                                                                                  [vertical scroll-bar]
result list | item up extend                                                                                                                         [vertical scroll-bar]
result list | scroll page left or thumbnail focus left                                                                                       [vertical scroll-bar]

example of what i suggest to add:
file | add to temporary excludes                                         1 (result list)                                                     [vertical scroll-bar]
result list | item up extend                                                 shift+up (search edit), shift+up (result list)        [vertical scroll-bar]
result list | scroll page left or thumbnail focus left               ctrl+left (result list)                                           [vertical scroll-bar]
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

For example:
expands to:

This is a good idea but, apologies, I'm being dense..could you walk this through for me?
I rarely create macro's. I've tried it but I can't get it to work.
Where is the /define lm<param>=dm:last""param:mins|dc:last""param:mins part written to?

I've tried this a few ways but I still can't get it to work.

Thanks
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thanks for the feedback adamantine,
Where is the /define lm<param>=dm:last""param:mins|dc:last""param:mins part written to?
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
  • If successful, you should see lm<param>=dm:last""param:mins|dc:last""param:mins in the status bar for a few seconds.
lm:5 will now expand to dm:last5mins|dc:last5mins
lm: can be used in a bookmark or a normal search.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks, as previously stated I was being dense...over thinking it :0)

Is there a guide in the 1.5 help section to creating macros? I had a look but couldn't find it.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Macros

It's a hidden feature at the moment. (no UI management yet)
I have on my TODO list to add a Tools -> Organize Macros... window.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Brilliant...thanks.
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

this option may be useful if the implementation allows to choose/toggle it for some chosen bookmarks only
an additional idea:
a bookmark's right-click menu will have the 'append' line soon, if i understand correctly
i propose to name it briefly (sans any exessive words): 'append'

because there's no need to have something like this there:
'append it', 'append it now', 'append the bookmark', 'append this bookmark', 'append this bookmark now'...

while the very next line could be: 'append mode'
by default this line will have no tick (meaning that the 'append mode' is not activated)

when left-clicking on this line for the 1st time, the 'append mode' gets activated, and the usual tick appears
when left-clicking on this line again, the 'append mode' gets deactivated, and this tick disappears, and so on

if the 'append mode' is activated for a bookmark, the left click appends this bookmark
it seems that the right click should always open the right-click menu
where it's possible to select the alternative 'open' command
which is currently the only available option, if we speak about the opening/appending
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback adamantine,

Everything 1.5.0.1288a adds a bookmark_open_action ini setting to specify the default open action.

To append by default:
    /bookmark_open_action=4
    where 4 can be one of the following:
    0 = Open in existing window (Ctrl = New tab, Shift = New Window) (default)
    1 = Open in existing window
    2 = New tab
    3 = New window
    4 = Append to search
  • If successful, you should see bookmark_open_action=4 in the status bar for a few seconds.

I will consider an option to toggle the append action.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Everything 1.5.0.1288a adds the right click append, edit and delete menu items to bookmarks.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks for the append, really useful..
Is there a way of choosing where to insert the bookmark, at the beginning or at the end of the search term?
If not possible, could there be an entry along the lines of 'append to start' 'append to end'?

I had a look in the ini file and the bookmark action is set to =6619136, what does that number represent?
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

void wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:19 am 0 = Open in existing window (Ctrl = New tab, Shift = New Window) (default)
1 = Open in existing window
Do any of these settings augment the Ctrl and Shift behaviors?
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

I've tried this a few ways but the bookmark is always placed after the search term...Not a major problem as such, but it would be nice to have the option of where to place it.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Is there a way of choosing where to insert the bookmark, at the beginning or at the end of the search term?
Currently at the end of the search only.

I will consider an 'Insert bookmark' dialog.
For now, please use bookmark macros. (or append to search and cut/paste to the start)

I had a look in the ini file and the bookmark action is set to =6619136, what does that number represent?
This is a bug. It will be fixed in the next alpha update.
bookmark_open_action is currently overwriting exclude_list_enabled, exclude_hidden_files_and_folders and exclude_system_files_and_folders.
Thanks for the bug report.

Ctrl and Shift only work for /bookmark_open_action=0
What Ctrl and Shift actions would you like to see?

I've tried this a few ways but the bookmark is always placed after the search term...Not a major problem as such, but it would be nice to have the option of where to place it.
What about a right click bookmark -> Copy Search to clipboard option?
Then you can paste the search anywhere you like.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1289a fixes an issue with the bookmark_open_action overwriting other ini settings.

If you set the bookmark_open_action from with in Everything in 1288, you may need to reset your Tools -> Options -> Exclude -> Exclude hidden files and folders / Exclude system files and folders / Enable exclude list settings.
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

void wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:02 am
Ctrl and Shift only work for /bookmark_open_action=0
What Ctrl and Shift actions would you like to see?
Well, I just want to be able to append some of my bookmarklets to my existing search syntax, which is usually always populated with a path name already. You said that Ctrl and Shift already reserved for globalized new-tab and new-window uses. But now you are demonstrating that those uses can be changed or just nullified all together.

My copy of Everything doesn't have Tabs right now. In the future I would be more inclined to use Tabs over New Window (once Tabs come out). In the mean time, I wouldn't mind using one of those two modifier keys to append a clicked bookmark to my existing search syntax (separated by a space).
0 = Open in existing window (Ctrl = New tab, Shift = New Window) (default)
1 = Open in existing window (Ctrl = do nothing, Shift = do nothing)
1 = Open in existing window (Ctrl = Append bookmark to search, Shift = New Window)
2 = New tab
3 = New window
4 = Append to search
Would that work?

Again, Tabs don't work today. I'll probably prefer using them tomorrow. I wouldn't mind changing from Ctrl to Shift when that happens. I also wouldn't mind if "New Window" == "New Tab" (like in Firefox).
void
Developer

Post by void »

I have put on my TODO list to add a ctrl_bookmark_open_action/shift_bookmark_open_action ini setting for more control.

I'll add more actions too, for example:
5 = Insert at the start of the search
6 = Insert into search (at current caret position)

Thank you for the feedback.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks, looking forward to that..presumably, option 4 will be 'insert at end of search?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Yes, actions ideally would be something like:
0 = Open in existing window (default)
1 = Open in existing window (same as 0)
2 = New tab
3 = New window
4 = Append to search
5 = Insert at the start of the search
6 = Insert into search (at current caret position)
w64bit

Post by w64bit »

One small suggestion.
Is it possible to have 2 types of bookmark, one Global and one Local? This setting can be added to Edit bookmark window.
Global (the one from 1287) will replace all in search box, even if bookmark_open_action setting is 4, 5, 6.
Local will respect bookmark_open_action setting.
void
Developer

Post by void »

I will look into a bookmark option to override the open action.

Thank you for the suggestion.
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

thus my above-mentioned 'content' bookmark may get the 'alt+4' combination
though i'm not sure at all that it's more convenient than 3 clicks
after 1 week of usage of the new 'append' feature, i've reconsidered some aspects a little. my current thoughts are:

1. a necessity to go to main menu every time (to make as many as 3 clicks) is not very convenient
a keyboard shortcut (to append a bookmark) seems to be a needed additional option
This might lead to too many keyboard shortcuts
i don't think so. because by default all those shortcuts will be empty for each bookmark
so it will be up to the user whether to add this or that shortcut (for some definite bookmark) or not

2. i often have the following order of actions:
- search for some textual fragment in a usual way
- do what i should do with the appeared content of result list

- then again search for the same textual fragment (but this time: inside all cue-files and txt-files)
my content:"×" bookmark is heavily used for this
the very rare × symbol was chosen long time ago simply because it's absolutely absent everywhere in my file system
so it's just for the sake of visual conveniency: this symbol makes the result list stay empty (when it must stay empty)
(this symbol is manually substituted by that textual fragment)

what are your opinions? could this approach/sequencing be slightly simplified?

i was thinking about an additional shortcut that acts like this:
- select a textual fragment in the search box
- press this shortcut
- et moves this textual fragment inside the appeared content:"×" bookmark

(for this case) i may create an additional content:"" bookmark if it's necessary
but the main problem is: the movement should be done inside the "" symbols (not at the end of this bookmark)
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback adamantine,

Opening bookmarks in Everything 1.5.0.1290a will now execute any search commands without setting the search.

Everything 1.5.0.1290a adds a /replace-sel <text> search command

Consider adding the following bookmark:
Name: Replace with Content Search
Search: /replace-sel content:<#cursel:>

With Everything 1.5.0.1290a, you can now always append selected bookmarks with the /expand search command:

Name: Append content:
Search: /expand #currentsearch: content:

Everything 1.5.0.1290a adds ctrl_bookmark_open_action and shift_bookmark_open_action ini settings.

To change the action when opening a bookmark with the Ctrl key:
    /ctrl_bookmark_open_action=x
  • where x can be one of the following:
    • 1 = Open in existing window
    • 2 = New tab (default)
    • 3 = New window
    • 4 = Append to search
  • If successful, ctrl_bookmark_open_action=x is shown in the status bar for a few seconds.

Search Commands and bookmarks
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

thanks. i'll be testing these new bookmarks:
/replace-sel content:"#cursel:"
/expand #current-search: content:"

/show_mouseover=!
this is the work-around related to this topic

there's at least 1 moderate disadvantage in this work-around:
the main content of status bar (its left part) gets hidden for a few seconds
instead a quite unnecessary info appears (about the fact that the setting was indeed toggled/changed), and then it disappears

while in many cases (especially in this 'mouseover' case) it's more or less immediately obvious if the change was successful or not
(right now i cannot recollect a single case when it was unsuccessful)
you know, for me it always feels like a completely excessive flickering 'something'

when there's only 1 thing is needed: just to toggle some definite option/setting quickly (very quickly) (with no additional visual notification)
imagine if each time you were forced to have a visually confirming feedback after any ticking/unticking in the 'options' window
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

What does show_mouseover do? I don't see it quoted anywhere.
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

options > view > 2nd line
void
Developer

Post by void »

there's at least 1 moderate disadvantage in this work-around:
the main content of status bar (its left part) gets hidden for a few seconds
Please try disabling temp status text by setting the show delay to 0 milliseconds:
    /temp_status_delay=0
    (The default is 3000)
This does briefly flash the temp text which will be fixed in the next alpha update.
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

Please try disabling temp status text by setting the show delay to 0 milliseconds
done, thanks
This does briefly flash the temp text
i confirm the brief flash
which will be fixed in the next alpha update
ok, i'll be waiting

is there an ini-setting that makes et always keep the content of status bar (its left part) visible? for example, when:

- browsing the main menu (hovering any menu item)
- browsing the main context menu (hovering any menu item)
- browsing a folder's/file's context menu (hovering any menu item)
- just clicking some 'main menu' button (...view, search, index, history...)

i certainly would like to test this setting if it exists
it means absence of any appearing messages in status bar (when going to some menu) (when hovering some menu item)
but i'm 99% sure that such setting would have been constantly activated in my case
void
Developer

Post by void »

is there an ini-setting that makes et always keep the content of status bar (its left part) visible?
Currently, there's no setting to disable the status bar 'help text'.
I will consider an option to disable the status bar help text.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1291a also adds a statusbar_menu_help ini setting.

To disable the status bar menu help text:
    /statusbar_menu_help=0
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

statusbar_menu_help=0
thank you for this new possibility

i have a new bookmark. it has this custom search:         /show_mouseover=!
it also has this shortcut:          ctrl-shift-o
nothing else is changed in that 'edit bookmark' window (except the name of bookmark)

there's my new related ahk-code:

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive ahk_class EVERYTHING_(1.5a) ahk_exe Everything.exe
RCtrl::sendplay ^+o
#If
so i finally may toggle the 'show row mouseover' setting immediately (sans going to main options)
(and also using just 1 keyboard button, which is very convenient)

but i noticed that et puts the cursor in the end of search box (if the cursor wasn't there)
it happens when i toggle this setting by pressing the right ctrl
the same happens if i press ctrl-shift-o

though i didn't tell et to put the cursor there
by the way, et doesn't do it if i manually toggle this 'show row mouseover' setting in the 'options > general > view' window

added later:              this is a clarification:
when toggling the setting, et puts the cursor in search box
in other words, et moves the focus to search box

cursor may appear at the end (or in a different place: if cursor was there previously)
if cursor is already in search box, then nothing wrong is happening

is it a small bug?
if this is the intended behavior (related to the way how all bookmarks work), then can this behavior be changed?

by saying 'changed' i mean: don't move the focus to search box forcibly
(in cases like this when i only toggle some setting using a new functionality of bookmarks) (implemented earlier this month)
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

in cases like this when i only toggle some setting

probably something like   /no-focus-change   could be added (as a new option):

Code: Select all

/show_mouseover=! /no-focus-change
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

void wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:48 am Everything 1.5.0.1290a adds ctrl_bookmark_open_action and shift_bookmark_open_action ini settings.
  • 4 = Append to search
@void: Minor cosmetic bug. Append automatically adds a space between the existing search and the appended bookmark, even if there is already a space there. It just looks silly.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for the cosmetic bug report raccoon,

This will be fixed in the next alpha update.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1304a should no longer add a trailing space if one already exists.