Remove large white-on-green ticks from extra large thumbnails view

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Philip Taylor

Remove large white-on-green ticks from extra large thumbnails view

Post by Philip Taylor »

Hallo. New (and delighted) user here. Performance is out of this world, but I have a problem — I am using "Search everything" to display all JPG files in a directory hierarchy, with a view to selecting the largest, best and most appropriate for use on a web site (yes, I do appreciate that "large" is not "good" for the web, but the infrastructure will take care of downsizing, and the largest images are, by definition, those of the highest potential quality).

My problem is that the "extra large thumbnails" are 25% obscured by a white tick on a circular green ground. How, please, do I prevent these ticks-in-circles from appearing, and what do they signify ?

Incidentally, I seem unable to use Windows 7 "Print Screen" when the "Search Everything" window is maximised, why is why the attached screenshot also shews this "Compose message" window.

Philip Taylor
Attachments
Fullscreen capture 05012021 164257.jpg
Fullscreen capture 05012021 164257.jpg (541.27 KiB) Viewed 6825 times
froggie

Re: Remove large white-on-green ticks from extra large thumbnails view

Post by froggie »

Tough for me to see, but it looks like your example is in Dropbox. Could this be an artifact of the Dropbox syncing process?

Does it show in Windows Explorer?

Does it show in non-dropbox files?
Philip Taylor

Post by Philip Taylor »

Ah, excellent, problem identified & solved. Thank you, Froggie. 5GB of photographs now cloned to non-Dropbox directory while I search for a real solution somewhere on a Dropbox forum !
void
Developer

Post by void »

To disable thumbnail icon overlays in Everything:
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /thumbnail_overlay_icon=0
  • If successful, you should see thumbnail_overlay_icon=0 in the status bar for a few seconds.
Philip Taylor

Post by Philip Taylor »

Excellent, many thanks Void. That appears to work (provided that I do a refresh), as does (b) pausing Dropbox synching, and (c) invoking Nirsoft's "ShellExView" to disable DropboxExt1 Class. Now I can see my images clearly again !