Crashed disk and reading data from Everything.db

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
rafi-89

Crashed disk and reading data from Everything.db

Post by rafi-89 »

Hi
I've got a big problem, i had 2 disks -> 1 got partitions C and D, and second was "F".
I used Everything often, so database is up-to-date. Unfortunately second disk crashed and i lost about 100GB of data.
When I start program, the old database file with paths to files from F: are replaced with new database, which is including files from C and D only. I can click File->Export... and get list of files, but that list are containing only C and D partitions :/
When i set Everything.db "read only", i've got error:
2010-11-07 13:13:25: Everything 1.2.1.371: d:\dev\everything\src\mu.h(334): mu::RenameFileUTF8(): MoveFileExW(): GetLastError(): 5: Failed to move file from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafi\Pulpit\Everything\Everything\Everything.db.tmp to C:\Documents and Settings\Rafi\Pulpit\Everything\Everything\Everything.db
And i can't use File->Export... function :(
When i unpack Everything.db (900kb) i've got ~3MB binary file which i couldn't use to get list of files on partition F, because i dont know how this data is saved in file.
Output of File->Export... is like:
"(...)
C:\WINDOWS\inf\mdm3com.inf
C:\WINDOWS\inf\mdm3com.PNF
C:\WINDOWS\inf\mdm3cpcm.inf
(...)"
I need exactly the same, but i need to get it from old database file, NOT from actual partitions.
Anyone can help me? I just need to know which data i've lost with disk crash.
Best Regards
Rafal
void
Developer

Re: Crashed disk and reading data from Everything.db

Post by void »

Please see Option to freeze database for restoring your file lists from a hard disk crash.
rafi-89

Re: Crashed disk and reading data from Everything.db

Post by rafi-89 »

Thank You very much! :) :)