Issue with Alpha Build v1.2.1.451a

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
mhapsoto

Issue with Alpha Build v1.2.1.451a

Post by mhapsoto »

Hello VoidTools Forums!

I'm trying out the alpha build of Everything, version 1.2.1.451a. I really like how FAST this program is; heaps better than the Windows Search.

I've noticed one issue. Here is the scenario:
* I'm using an alpha version 1.2.1.451a ETP server running on Windows Server 2003 R2.
* My workstations are running Windows XP Professional SP3.
* On the server, I'm indexing a SUBST drive only. I'm using a SUBST drive so that I can match networked drive names with the way they appear on the clients, and not the real drive letter as it appears to the server. (In other words, what is drive X to the clients is really "D:\X Drive" to the server.)
* When I use the alpha version 1.2.1.451a as a client, and connect to the ETP server, the paths have within them default share names, for example, "\\myserver\X$\CLIENT" Clicking on one of the found items results in an error message from Windows: "The network path cannot be found."
* When I use the release version 1.2.1.371 as a client, and connect to the same alpha build v451a ETP server, the paths are correct, for example, "\\myserver\X\CLIENT" Clicking on one of the found items will open the item as expected.

Thanks for the great software! I hope this usage scenario will help quash any bugs!
void
Developer

Re: Issue with Alpha Build v1.2.1.451a

Post by void »

The 1.2.1.451a version uses administrator shares by default.

To disable the use of administrator shares:
  • In "Everything", from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the View tab.
  • From the Advance settings, under the General folder, uncheck Use admin share for ETP connections.
  • Click OK.
mhapsoto

Re: Issue with Alpha Build v1.2.1.451a

Post by mhapsoto »

Thanks for the quick response! I'll try it out!