Version 1.5?

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Post Reply
jayloofah
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Version 1.5?

Post by jayloofah » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:28 pm

I've been using this tool for the last few years and I was just curious when you're thinking of rolling out the next big update.

I'm sure you'll say - I have no eta. I just had to ask!

void
Site Admin
Posts: 5739
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Version 1.5?

Post by void » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 am

I'm working on Everything 1.5 full time.

I have a little bit more to do before an alpha release.

I don't have a release date yet sorry.

johnny
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Version 1.5?

Post by johnny » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 pm

Hi

any update on 1.5? Eagerly waiting for content search progress feature... :)

horst.epp
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Version 1.5?

Post by horst.epp » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 am

johnny wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 pm
Hi

any update on 1.5? Eagerly waiting for content search progress feature... :)
Why ?
The best Everything can do for content search is to use the IFilters or Windows search API.
The results are already available without problems using Windows search indexer.

johnny
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Version 1.5?

Post by johnny » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:22 pm

horst.epp wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 am
johnny wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 pm
Hi

any update on 1.5? Eagerly waiting for content search progress feature... :)
Why ?
The best Everything can do for content search is to use the IFilters or Windows search API.
The results are already available without problems using Windows search indexer.
It's the content search progress indicator that would be great addition, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6904

horst.epp
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Version 1.5?

Post by horst.epp » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

johnny wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:22 pm
horst.epp wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 am
johnny wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 pm
Hi

any update on 1.5? Eagerly waiting for content search progress feature... :)
Why ?
The best Everything can do for content search is to use the IFilters or Windows search API.
The results are already available without problems using Windows search indexer.
It's the content search progress indicator that would be great addition, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6904
I see.
I use Everything a lot but never for content searches.
Windows search is fast and has all type of content thru Filters.
And I get directly from the Windows search results to my File manager (Total commander)

johnny
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Version 1.5?

Post by johnny » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm

horst.epp wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm
johnny wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:22 pm
horst.epp wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 am

Why ?
The best Everything can do for content search is to use the IFilters or Windows search API.
The results are already available without problems using Windows search indexer.
It's the content search progress indicator that would be great addition, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6904
I see.
I use Everything a lot but never for content searches.
Windows search is fast and has all type of content thru Filters.
And I get directly from the Windows search results to my File manager (Total commander)
Yes, like you, I use other search tools also, but it would be nice if Everything has this little feature which would make it useful for simple content searches, so I can use it more often. Of course I don't expect it to have everything other tools have, but if it has content search, at least a little more feedback would be nice.
Windows search is actually broken for me with current Windows 10 update, so I never relied 100% on it's search, but is/was good enough in some simple cases.

Maybe it would be interesting to have a thread or subforum where we could share what other search tools we use, how and why. Perhaps some ideas can be implemented to Everything and we could be using it even more.

Post Reply