Trash filter

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
svobodniy

Trash filter

Post by svobodniy »

Hello. Can you help me to make a filter to remove the trash from the drive with the following data: *.*~;*.?$?;*.??$;*.?~?;*.^*;*.bak;*.err;*.log;*.old;*.temp;*.tmp;*~tmp.* and so on. If it possible, it can replace programs to clean the drive.
svobodniy

Re: Trash filter

Post by svobodniy »

I mean, what should be written instead of "nocase:ext:" to make trash filter works?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Please try:

Code: Select all

*.*~|*.?$?|*.??$|*.?~?|*.^*|*.bak|*.err|*.log|*.old|*.temp|*.tmp|*~tmp.*
Unfortunately, wildcards do not work with the ext: command.
svobodniy

Post by svobodniy »

It's incredible! But I haven't thought about some files that are covered by the mask, but shouldn't be deleted, and folders. Is it possible to exclude some files and folders as a class in the same filter?

If this trash-filter would come out, it could be added to the other filters in Everything :)
svobodniy

Post by svobodniy »

It would be nice, if we could write the following form "include :...; exclude :..." and exclude folders from the search. It would be a universal filter!

Or, is it possible to write a similar pattern now (in the Everething 1.2.1.451a)?
void
Developer

Post by void »

You can use an exclamation mark (!) prefix to exclude a search term.

For example, to exclude C:\windows

!C:\windows\
Please see the "Everything" Search Syntax for more information.
svobodniy

Post by svobodniy »

I can't add folders to clean, such as "Windows\Temp". Tried several ways, but they are not universal... I have read Search syntax, but not found an option as "show all files in the folder %folder_name%". Can you add such function?

So... As a result, a filter made only by extensions and file names.

<file:ext:---;###;$$$;$*;$db;$sa;*~;?$?;??$;?~?;@@@;^*;___;_dd;_detmp;_dump;_mp;~*;aps;bac;bak;bk;bk?;chk;cpy;dao;db$;diz;dmp;err;errorlog;fic;fnd;ftg;fts;gid;ilk;lo_;log;mch;MS;nav;ncb;nch;nhc;nu3;nu4;old;pch;pf;prv;shd;sik;spc;swr;syd;temp;tmp;wbk;xlg;xlk !bootsect.bak !tracking.log !thmc*.tmp !mplog-*.log !windowsupdate.log !passwd.log !reportingevents.log !\Boot\>|<file:*_ofidx.*|*~.*|*~tmp.*|*log.txt|_istmp*.*|~*.*|anti-vir.dat|bootlog.prv|chklist.*|dxva_sig.txt|ffastun.*|file*.chk|file????._dd|file_id.diz|files.bbs|iebak.dat|imagedb.aid|log*.txt|modemdet.txt|modemet.txt|mscreate.dir|pspbrwse.jbf|suhdlog.dat|system.1st|t3v?????.*|thumbs.db|twain???.mtx|vc?0.idb>
Filter have been tested on Windows 7, all the necessary files have been excluded from the filter rule. In the near future would try to test on Windows XP.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Keep in mind the ext: command does not support wildcards.

Use < and > to group boolean operations.

Please try the following:

\Windows\Temp\ | <<ext:---;###;$$$;$db;$sa;@@@;___;_dd;_detmp;_dump;_mp;aps;bac;bak;bk;chk;cpy;dao;db$;diz;dmp;err;errorlog;fic;fnd;ftg;fts;gid;ilk;lo_;log;mch;MS;nav;ncb;nch;nhc;nu3;nu4;old;pch;pf;prv;shd;sik;spc;swr;syd;temp;tmp;wbk;xlg;xlk | file:<*.$*|*.*~|*.?$?|*.??$|*.?~?|*.^*|*.~*|*.bk?|*_ofidx.*|*~.*|*~tmp.*|*log.txt|_istmp*.*|~*.*|anti-vir.dat|bootlog.prv|chklist.*|dxva_sig.txt|ffastun.*|file*.chk|file????._dd|file_id.diz|files.bbs|iebak.dat|imagedb.aid|log*.txt|modemdet.txt|modemet.txt|mscreate.dir|pspbrwse.jbf|suhdlog.dat|system.1st|t3v?????.*|thumbs.db|twain???.mtx|vc?0.idb>> !bootsect.bak !tracking.log !thmc*.tmp !mplog-*.log !windowsupdate.log !passwd.log !reportingevents.log !\Boot\>
svobodniy

Post by svobodniy »

OK, I understand.

I made some more improvements:

<<ext:---;###;$$$;$db;$sa;@@@;___;_dd;_detmp;_dump;_mp;aps;bac;bak;bk;chk;cpy;dao;db$;diz;dmp;err;errorlog;fic;fnd;ftg;fts;gid;ilk;lo_;log;mch;MS;nav;ncb;nch;nhc;nu3;nu4;old;pch;pf;prv;shd;sik;spc;swr;syd;temp;tmp;wbk;xlg;xlk | file:<<*.$*|*.*~|*.?$?|*.??$|*.?~?|*.^*|*.~*|*.bk?|*_ofidx.*|*~.*|*~tmp.*|*log.txt|_istmp*.*|~*.*|anti-vir.dat|bootlog.prv|chklist.*|dxva_sig.txt|ffastun.*|file*.chk|file????._dd|file_id.diz|files.bbs|iebak.dat|imagedb.aid|log*.txt|modemdet.txt|modemet.txt|mscreate.dir|pspbrwse.jbf|suhdlog.dat|system.1st|t3v?????.*|thumbs.db|twain???.mtx|vc?0.idb> | \Windows\Temp\ | \Windows\Prefetch\ | \Windows\Cookies\ | "\Temporary Internet Files\" | \Windows\History\>> !bootsect.bak !opa10.bak !opa11.bak !opa12.bak !index.dat !edb.log !mplog-*.log !passwd.log !reportingevents.log !tracking.log !windowsupdate.log !thm????*.tmp !\Boot\>
I haven't tested it on Windows XP yet. Obviously there will need to add some more folders to clean.
svobodniy

Post by svobodniy »

I think, I excluded all the basic files from the filter rule. Filter have been tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

<<ext:---;###;$$$;$db;$sa;@@@;___;_dd;_detmp;_dump;_mp;aps;bac;bak;bk;chk;cpy;dao;db$;diz;dmp;err;errorlog;fic;fnd;ftg;fts;gid;ilk;lo_;log;mch;MS;nav;ncb;nch;nhc;nu3;nu4;old;pch;pf;prv;shd;sik;spc;swr;syd;temp;tmp;wbk;xlg;xlk | file:<<*.$*|*.*~|*.?$?|*.??$|*.?~?|*.^*|*.~*|*.bk?|*_ofidx.*|*~.*|*~tmp.*|*log.txt|_istmp*.*|~*.*|anti-vir.dat|bootlog.prv|chklist.*|dxva_sig.txt|ffastun.*|file*.chk|file????._dd|file_id.diz|files.bbs|iebak.dat|imagedb.aid|log*.txt|modemdet.txt|modemet.txt|mscreate.dir|pspbrwse.jbf|suhdlog.dat|system.1st|t3v?????.*|thumbs.db|twain???.mtx|vc?0.idb> | \Local\Temp\ | \Windows\Temp\ | \Windows\Prefetch\ | \Windows\Cookies\ | "\Temporary Internet Files\" | \Windows\History\>> !bootsect.bak !opa10.bak !opa11.bak !opa12.bak !index.dat !edb.log !edbtmp.log !last.fm.log !mgrs.log !mplog-*.log !ntuser.dat.log !passwd.log !reportingevents.log !usrclass.dat.log !windowsupdate.log !thm????*.tmp !\Boot\ !"\System Volume Information\" !\Windows\system32\config\>
But everyone can modify the filter by itself ;)