stevenroussos Posts: 3 Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:00 pm Way to open multiple "New Search Window"s from a list of search

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
stevenroussos

stevenroussos Posts: 3 Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:00 pm Way to open multiple "New Search Window"s from a list of search

Post by stevenroussos »

Way to open multiple "New Search Window"s from a list of search expressions or a .csv file
Postby stevenroussos » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:15 pm

I use Everything a lot, for multiple concurrent things, sometimes ending up with dozens of Search Windows open.

When it is necessary to reboot the computer I take care to properly CLOSE the Everything app so that all my open searches are saved in the Search History.csv file.

So, after restarting, I can of course look at the SearchHistory.csv file, AND/OR I can use View/Goto/AllSearchHistory and sort by "Last Searched".

HOWEVER: even though in the AllSearchHistory window you can select multiple lines at once, when you click OPEN only the last line touched is opened.

Therefore if I want to get back to my previous state of having the same many Search Windows open, the only option is to manually go to each former search expression in the History window and click open one by one.

VERY TIME CONSUMING!

Is there any way at all, perhaps by starting Everything from a command line and feeding it perhaps an edited SearchHistory.csv file and cause it to AUTOMAGICALLY open as many new Search Windows as I wish, each containing one of the provided search expressions.

That would be REALLY useful! (OR... if there was a way to select >1 in the Search History window and have OPEN button recognize that the user wants ALL of those former searches to be performed and opened in its own new search window, which would accomplish the same thing.)

THANKS FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS!