bug in version 1.2.1.451a - include subfolders

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
fabioq

bug in version 1.2.1.451a - include subfolders

Post by fabioq »

David:

Under the EXCLUDE tab under options: When adding a new folder the options to include subfolders or only this folder are gone. I had to go to a previous version to change that setting on a particular folder, but when I loaded 1.2.1.451a again my customization on the filters were gone. By the way, I love this saving of searches as filters. With the Saving searches as filters I can save filters on different genres of music like a filter just for Metal, Disco, Country, etc. This is an awesome addition! I just put in a donation for you last night.

Thanks again!

Fabio
void
Developer

Re: bug in version 1.2.1.451a - include subfolders

Post by void »

Newer everything.ini files are not compatible with older versions of "Everything".

Excluded folders should always exclude subfolders and files now.

Thanks for your support.
fabioq

Post by fabioq »

David:

Thanks for your quick replies.

Sorry, I guess I neglected to mention I was trying to include a folder by using the EXCLUDE TAB. For example I have a folder called c:\samplefolder and under that folder I have several other folders. I want to include samplefolder but exclude all the subfolders under it. Perhaps, this can be done another way now?

Again thanks for your replies.

Fabio
void
Developer

Post by void »

Currently it is not possible with the alpha version to include a folder, but not its subfolders or files.

I have added the option to do this for the next release with the following exclude filter:

Code: Select all

c:\samplefolder\*
This will include c:\samplefolder, but not its subfolders, or files.
fabioq

Post by fabioq »

Thanks David. I bet it's hard to do any coding with all of us asking questions. You sure are a trooper man!

Thanks for all you do!

-Fabio