Please make sure you exit "Everything" completely before running the alpha version.
To exit "Everything" completely:
- Right click the "Everything" icon in the system tray.
- Click Exit.
Please note the alpha has known issues and is still undergoing extensive tweaking.
- Fixed an issue with the cd:/cw:/cm: search macros.
- Fixed an issue with incorrectly sorted recent changes.
- Support for NTFS subst drives and folders.
- Support for NTFS volumes with out drive letters assigned.
- Fixed an issue with loading default advanced options.
- Increased indexing performance.
- added support for specifying a secondary sort.
- Improved search term parsing.
- Improved operator precedence.
- Added -nonewwindow and -newwindow command line options.
- Added new columns: Folder FRN and Folder generation.
- Added support to toggle the search window with the tray icon and hotkey.
- Added -delay <milliseconds> command line option to delay database loading.
- Added -db <location> command line option to set the database location.
Sorting by Folder FRN will allow you to search for folders by date created instantly.
You will need to limit the search results to a single volume for the FRNs to be meaningful.
When you change the sort order, the previous sort becomes the secondary sort.
For example, sorting by size, then extension will sort by size for matching extensions.
What needs to be tested:
- Recent changes.
- subst'ed NTFS volumes.
- NTFS volumes mounted to NTFS folders.
- Exclude list.
- Complex searches to test precedence.
- Complex searches to test term highlighting.
- Secondary sorting.
- Icon overlays.
- Included volumes in the options window are not recognized - fixed for next release.
- Safely remove device does not work as "Everything" holds handles to volumes - fixed for next release.
- recently change date/time is incorrect for changes since "Everything" started - fixed for next release.
- Crash when second sorting, when initial sort is recent changes or run history - fixed for next release.