Please make sure you exit "Everything" completely before running the alpha version.
To exit "Everything" completely:
- Right click the "Everything" icon in the system tray.
- Click Exit.
Please note the alpha has known issues and is still undergoing extensive tweaking.
- Fixed an issue with incorrectly sorted recent changes.
- Support for NTFS subst drives and folders.
- Support for NTFS volumes with out drive letters assigned.
- Fixed an issue with loading default advanced options.
- Increased indexing performance.
- added support for specifying a secondary sort.
- Improved search term parsing.
- Improved operator precedence.
- Added -nonewwindow and -newwindow command line options.
- Added new columns: Folder FRN and Folder generation.
- Added support to toggle the search window with the tray icon and hotkey.
Sorting by Folder FRN will allow you to search for folders by date created instantly.
You will need to limit the search results to a single volume for the FRNs to be meaningful.
When you change the sort order, the previous sort becomes the secondary sort.
For example, sorting by size, then extension will sort by size for matching extensions.
What needs to be tested:
- Recent changes.
- subst'ed NTFS volumes.
- NTFS volumes mounted to NTFS folders.
- Exclude list.
- Complex searches to test precedence.
- Complex searches to test term highlighting.
- Secondary sorting.