"dupe:" results not updating

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
Phantom1472

"dupe:" results not updating

Post by Phantom1472 »

Using the search terms "dupe: sizedupe:", when I delete a file (both within Everything and externally) the file is removed from the results (as expected), but it's duplicate (which is now no longer a duplicate) is still present in the results list.

Even after pressing F5 the no-longer duplicate file is not removed from results.

Changing the search terms in any way (and then changing them back) does result in the file being removed, even doing a copy/paste of the search term itself (ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v) which does not change the search terms at all, fixes it.

Seems like when the first file is removed from results, Everything does not check the results are still valid, until the search terms are changed/interacted with.

I hope this explanation is clear, if any other info is necessary please let me know!

Thanks.
void
Developer

Re: "dupe:" results not updating

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback.

Only the file that is modified or deleted is updated in the result list when using dupe: or sizedupe:.
Updating all duplicated results is on my TODO list.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Phantom1472

Post by Phantom1472 »

Oh, OK then hope you get to it.

Thanks for all the hard work on Everything, really one of my must-have programs on any new PC, pretty amazing work!
therube

Post by therube »

Updating all duplicated results is on my TODO list.
Optional, of course ;-).
There certainly would be times where you'd want to delete some duplicates, but would not necessarily want the (sole) remaining file to "disappear" (even though it is no longer a duplicate) - say, as a frame of reference.