Lacks auto refresh/update of results list using empty:

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
kookaburra2

Lacks auto refresh/update of results list using empty:

Postby kookaburra2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Version 1.4.1.877 (x64), Windows 10 Pro 1607.
Pretty standard / default situation; about the only UI change that causes some difficulty with some software is that I have xmouse on, set to 150 ms.

This (to me, undesirable) behaviour has existed for some years...

Suppose we have C:\ABCD\XX\YY\ZZ where the only contents are YY in XX, ZZ in YY, and nothing in ZZ.
No filters set.
The results list for search C:\ABCD\ empty: is, correctly, ZZ.
Deletion of ZZ (using RtClick in results or Windows Explorer; other methods not tested) changes results list to none, instead of the expected YY.

F5 leaves the results list at none.
Changing the search to something else then back to C:\ABCD\ empty: gives the result list YY.

Similarly, adding an item to a folder in the empty: results list does not cause auto update of the results list.
Similarly, restoring an item from the recycle bin to a folder in the empty: results list does not cause auto update of the results list.
Similarly, emptying a folder does not cause auto update of the results list.

void
Site Admin

Re: Lacks auto refresh/update of results list using empty:

Postby void » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:03 am

Updating empty: in real-time is on my TODO list.

The reason it is not currently real-time is because the number of subfolders and files must be calculated for each folder, which is CPU intensive.
Maintaining this count is tricky, but possible, currently Everything calculates this subfolder and file count once at the time of the search.

Thanks for the bug report.

Return to “Bug report”