ETP issues

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
nagan

ETP issues

Post by nagan »

Another deviation I find from 649b is that with 653b I am unable to connect XP and Win 7. When both revert to 649b I am able to link Win7 with XP , but when tried from XP I get the get addrinfo 110001 message , I think which could pertain to this session only as earlier it worked well.

x86
1.Also in XP 653b throws the mandatory server bind error though it starts the ETP Server?
2.Connecting to self fails (perhaps the server has not started but neverthless remains ticked).
3.649b works flawlessly--- starts and connects to self .
void
Developer

Re: ETP issues

Post by void »

Another deviation I find from 649b is that with 653b I am unable to connect XP and Win 7. When both revert to 649b I am able to link Win7 with XP , but when tried from XP I get the get addrinfo 110001 message , I think which could pertain to this session only as earlier it worked well.
Error 11001? is WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND: No such host is known.
Check your Firewall and the Everything ETP server is running (it sounds like the ETP server is not running).
1.Also in XP 653b throws the mandatory server bind error though it starts the ETP Server?
Do you have another Everything running with an ETP server already started?
If there is an error message the server will not be running and enable ETP server will remain checked.
2.Connecting to self fails (perhaps the server has not started but neverthless remains ticked).
This is definitely a sign that the server failed to start and is not running.
3.649b works flawlessly--- starts and connects to self .
Make sure you disable the ETP server in 649b before enabling it in another version or use a different port.
nagan

Post by nagan »

x86
I just have restarted XP and find the ETP Server Enable unticked. On ticking it I get this bind failed 10013 error.
ETP 2013-06-21_205449.gif
ETP 2013-06-21_205449.gif (4.35 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
I close 656b , start 649b and enabled server without issues. Also I am able to browse/open files in all the variable approaches . I close the ETP Server , quit 649b and start 656b and attempt to start the ETP Server and getting the error back. I tried to bind it to port 22 but to no avail.
Even the ETP engine? has been reworked from 649b I presume.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Error 10013: WSAEACCES: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

For bind this means the port is already in use.

To determine what is already bound to port 21, Open a command prompt and enter the following:

Code: Select all

netstat -abn
-or-

TCPView
nagan

Post by nagan »

I think the x64 in Win 7 works fine , with the server started and am able to browse and look up the files.
In XP x86 , I checked with 649b and tcp view running which promptly shows the FTP slot taken by Everything and vacated when ETP is disconnected. With 656b however the bind error is shown despite port 21 FTP being vacant. I think this is specific only in x86 versions.
nagan

Post by nagan »

In XP x86 , I checked with 649b and tcp view running which promptly shows the FTP slot taken by Everything and vacated when ETP is disconnected. With 656b however the bind error is shown despite port 21 FTP being vacant. I think this is specific only in x86 versions.
I stand corrected here. I was misled by one version opening fine and the other having problems and recollecting neither the AV or firewall (OA) putting up any alert for 656b and me denying them.So I deleted all the entries of Everything from OA and started fresh. Now 656b works as fine as 649b. So this issue is closed. :oops:
However when opening a file with variable \\server\c$ for some reasons either the connection or access is not thru Everything hangs. Instead if it could put up a message and disconnect it will be great....