[649b] Lose file when renaming

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
mooms

[649b] Lose file when renaming

Post by mooms »

Hi void,

I have found a bug with the latest beta (649b):

If I rename a file within Everything, the file is not indexed anymore, I have to do a force rebuild.
The bug seems a bit random, I have seen it the last week but I can't reproduce it today...

Win 7 sp1 x64, Everything is installed as a service.

Also, a small request: When I open an Everything window, it wake up any HDDs that was in standby, even if I don't search anything, could this be changed ?
nagan

Re: [649b] Lose file when renaming

Post by nagan »

Seems to work for me. When I rename a file within the everything window it immediately jumps the order to the correct location.Similarly if it is done outside of Everything in the explorer it works.The only exception is for new files added while the Everything window is ON.
If a file is added (while the Everything window is ON) , through say the explorer it will append to the end only. Renaming it would still keep it at the last unless F5 refresh is pressed. Most likely files are not indexed when the window is open to save upon the REFRESH which could be annoying if frequent.
mooms

Post by mooms »

nagan wrote:Seems to work for me. When I rename a file within the everything window it immediately jumps the order to the correct location.Similarly if it is done outside of Everything in the explorer it works.The only exception is for new files added while the Everything window is ON.
Yes, it worked also today, it is why I said it' seems "random", but I'm sure I have encountered the bug.
therube

Post by therube »

The renamed file drops to the end of the list.

That behavior is slated to change, as I recall.
void
Developer

Post by void »

"Everything" version 1.3.3.653b or later should fix the issue.