Clicking on a file/folder tones down the icon

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
nagan

Clicking on a file/folder tones down the icon

Post by nagan »

Double Clicking on a file/folder to open it tones the icon down , an action usually associated with CUT and paste. I am not too sure it is anyway due to the highlighting which is the default.The behavior for cut is OK.
void
Developer

Re: Clicking on a file/folder tones down the icon

Post by void »

This is by design.

Everything multiples the icon image by the selection color.
When Everything is inactive the selection color is a light grey which will make the icons look similar to the transparent 'cut' icon.

To change the inactive selection color:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Fonts and Colors tab.
  • Select Inactive Selected.
  • Click the Foreground color button to change the foreground color.
  • Click the Background color button to change the background color.
  • Click OK.
nagan

Post by nagan »

Need a little help here. When I choose white or for that matter any color (background) the icon seems diminished (because the highlighting covers that). Only option though is to replicate the colors choices of "selected".
Can the icon be separated from the text highlighting (the foreground and background colors do not influence it any way)and dimmed(transparent) when option cut is used similar to in Windows? That was just a suggestion...
void
Developer

Post by void »

Need a little help here. When I choose white or for that matter any color (background) the icon seems diminished
When the icon is multiplied by a light color it will appear transparent.
Like you said changing the colors for inactive selected to the same colors as selected will give the best results.

I will consider the option to not multiple the icon by the inactive selection color.