Bug with file deleting and database update

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
vsub

Bug with file deleting and database update

Post by vsub »

The recycle bins on my both partitions(and 3 other folders)are not part of the database and the problem doesn't exist on 1.2.1.451a

If you delete a file to the recycle bin,the file will still stay in the database(pointing to the original location)until you do a force update on the database.
The problem exist only if you delete the file,not shift+detele(with shift+delete is ok)

Edit:Actually the same applies to moving files to locations that are not part of the database(from location that is part of the database to a location that is not part of the database)

With 1.2.1.451a if a delete to the recycle bin or move the file to location that is not part of the database,the file immediately disappear from the list

I'm using the newest beta

Edit:The problem seems to be the newest beta...it's ok with 1.3.0.632b
void
Developer

Re: Bug with file deleting and database update

Post by void »

Are you running Everything as a service?

Does Everything detect other changes? like renaming?
vsub

Post by vsub »

No I start Everything normally in portable mode(I'm on Windows XP)
And yes,it detect any change I made to the file(renaming\moving\copying)but if I move the file to a location that is not part the database,the file will still stay in the list pointing the the same location(of course trying to run the file do nothing)until I do a database update.

And deleting to the recycle bin is the same as moving a file to a location that is not part of the database.
As I said above,the recycle bins are not part of the database and it works fine with previous beta

If I made a copy to a file,that copy is showed on the list,then if I delete the file(to the recycle bin)no change will happen to the list and I won't be able to open that file.And if I undo delete the file,I will be able to open in.
vsub

Post by vsub »

I just updated from 1.3.1.636 to the newest beta but sadly the problem still exist.
I also tried deleting the setting and the database but the problem was still there.

As I said above,the problem don't exist in 1.3.0.632b but existing in 1.3.1.636 and newer
void
Developer

Post by void »

I am aware of the issue a will release a fix soon.
vsub

Post by vsub »

Ok thanks
void
Developer

Post by void »

"Everything" version 1.3.3.653b or later should fix the issue.