[FIXED] Column width reset when Control key held down

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
Scoox

[FIXED] Column width reset when Control key held down

Post by Scoox »

First of all many thanks for the v1.3.0.632b update, it is really encouraging to see that such a great app is still being developed.

I downloaded Everything v1.3.0.632b two days ago and I immediately noticed this bug, which didn't happen with the previous version I used (v1.2.1.452a). The following steps consistently reproduce the bug:

1. Hold down either Control key and keep it pressed down while performing step 2.
2. Click the Everything system tray icon to open Everything OR, if Everything is not running yet, double click Everything.exe
3. BUG: Everything opens, as expected, but column widths in the list view control are reset! It is very obvious because the "Name" column becomes too narrow to be usable, and needs to be resized manually.

In addition, if you set up a hotkey containing the Control key to toggle Everything, such as Ctrl+Space, the bug will also occur provided you keep the Control key held down until Everything starts opening.

This bug does not happen with the Shift and Alt keys held down.

Thanks a lot for your app, you sir rock!
Last edited by Scoox on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
therube

Re: Column width reset when Control key held down

Post by therube »

> hold Control Key & ... Click the Everything system tray icon to open Everything

Confirmed.
Scoox

Post by Scoox »

therube wrote:> hold Control Key & ... Click the Everything system tray icon to open Everything

Confirmed.
Also try the other bit I just added, i.e. setting up a Ctrl+<key> hotkey to toggle the Everything window. If the hotkey uses the Control key you should get the same problem. Thanks for confirming.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thanks for the bug report.

Fixed for the next beta release.