Drives rescanned each time you plug in/out removable media

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
Hossein

Drives rescanned each time you plug in/out removable media

Post by Hossein »

Hello.
First of all, thanks for the nice program! :D
There is something in the program, don't know is it a bug or by design, but if by design please change it!

I never run Everything in the background (don't ask why). I've configured Everything to scan and check USN journal of my external HDD drives. Now whenever I insert the external hdd and then start Everything, it scans all my drives (local and external). I can start and exit everything several times now. Again after plugging out, on its next start, Everything again scans everything.

There is also another note (this time a bug): my USB stick has the same drive letter as one of the external hdd drives (intentionally set by me). When Everything is not running, if I plug the hdd out then insert my USB stick, then start Everything, it doesn't list the files although in the configuration "Check media" is still checked.

Best regards.
Hossein.
cgcollecterx

Re: Drives rescanned each time you plug in/out removable med

Post by cgcollecterx »

having the same problem as using http://www.voidtools.com/Everything1.2.1.389b.zip to search old databases.

The plug in and out of removable media make the old database been reset and re-index. :o