Mounting drive interrupts scanning

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
mschmitt

Mounting drive interrupts scanning

Post by mschmitt »

In Everything 1.4.1...
  1. Have an external drive set to be scanned in Everything Options > Indexes > NTFS. Let's call this drive O:. Disconnect this drive for now.
  2. Have a folder set via Everything Options > Indexes > Folders. It would help if the folder is a mapped network share that takes a while to scan. Let's call this drive S:.
  3. Go to the Folders option and click Rescan Now. Everything starts Rescanning. Leave the Options window open so that you can see that...
  4. Now plug in drive O:.
What will happen is that when drive O: is connected Everything will start scanning it (which will be very quick), but in doing so, it will abandon the requested rescanning operation of drive S:. This is no indication to the user that the S: drive is not fully rescanned.

The expected result is that either Everything continues to rescan the drive S: (folder) when it scans drive O:, or it will pause S: and resume it when it is done with O:, depending on how multi-threaded the scanning of different drives/folders is.
void
Developer

Re: Mounting drive interrupts scanning

Post by void »

Thank you for the bug report mschmitt,

I have put on my Things to fix list to continue to rescan folders after a rebuild.

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.
void
Developer

Re: Mounting drive interrupts scanning

Post by void »

Everything was cancelling a folder rescan when performing a quick reindex.
This could leave the folder index in an out of date state.

Everything 1.5.0.1279a fixes an issue with the folder rescan being interrupted.

This version will resume rescanning folders after a quick reindex.