Problems after switching to 64bit

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
MBoard

Problems after switching to 64bit

Post by MBoard »

I just switched from the 32 to the 64 bit version of Everything. Now, each time I start, Everything seems to be re-indexing all my drives. "Scanning" is on for at least 20 minutes after starting. (I have about 12,000,000 files). I checked the setting to make sure "never rescan" is checked, but it still happens.

How can I fix this?

Thanks, M. Board
therube

Re: Problems after switching to 64bit

Post by therube »

Was 32 set to use the Everything Service, & 64 is set to Run As Administrator (or vice-versa)?
Or did you install into different locations?

Search for Everything.ini & make sure the .ini it finds, is using, is the one & in the location you're expecting it to be.
MBoard

Post by MBoard »

You wrote:

Was 32 set to use the Everything Service, & 64 is set to Run As Administrator (or vice-versa)?
Or did you install into different locations?

I answer:

64 had not been set to "Run as Administrator," I just changed that and it again is scanning all drives. We'll see if it makes a difference next time.

I deleted (with RevoUninstaller) the 32-bit version before installing the 64-bit version. AND I installed the new version in a different location.

You wrote:

Search for Everything.ini & make sure the .ini it finds, is using, is the one & in the location you're expecting it to be.

I answer:
I'll try that as soon as the re-scanning is finished... and report back.

Thanks for the help so far,

MB
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

MBoard wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:20 pm I checked the setting to make sure "never rescan" is checked, but it still happens.
Assuming you are talking about Folder indexes, each Folder index has it's own scan settings.
If you have more than one folder in the Folders list:

- Go to Menu:Tools > Options > Indexes > Folders
- For each Folder index in the Folders listbox (example: X:\) :
- Select X:\
- Below the listbox are Settings for X:\
- Choose Never Rescan
- Repeat for the next folder.
SigTill

Post by SigTill »

I have the same issue. and when I check the settings the network folder I have added is set to "Never rescan". It still rescans the whole folder when I start everything.

I have now tried to uninstall and reinstall the 64-bit and selected install to AppDATA and as a service, to see if this fixes the issue. The issue is that the network drive being indexed once (an archive which newer changes) takes 7 days to index due to slow network, and search is locked when this is running. it finds approx 22 000 000 files.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Do you have multiple folders specified under Indexes > Folders?
Each of them has it's own update schedule.
Click on the folder /drive in the Folders: box to see it's schedule and other settings.
therube

Post by therube »

Do you have 'Attempt to monitor changes' enabled?
Disable that & see if it fixes things for you?
SigTill

Post by SigTill »

1. Do you have multiple folders specified under Indexes > Folders? Each of them has it's own update schedule.

Yes, I know. I checked the network drive and all the other drives and they have different settings. The local ones are set to monitor changes and rescan every day, while the network drive has "never rescan"

Attempt to monitor changes is unchecked. So everything seems to be set up correctly.

I am also using "Everything service", not sure if that does any difference. The exported *.efu file for all files is 3.3GB so and contains 22 mill files, so its quite large - I understand that.

I am also using: Version 1.4.1.1005 (x64) the installed version (not the portable)