Everything does not index Bitlocker encrypted drive

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
roots

Everything does not index Bitlocker encrypted drive

Post by roots »

Hello!
First of all: I absolutely love Everything. What an amazing tool. Keep up the great work!

On the topic of my issue: I'm running Windows 8.1 and Everything 1.4.1.988 (x64). The issue was also present in previous versions. I have a Bitlocker encrypted drive which I only unlock occasionally when I need to access it. I would expect Everything to index the drive automatically once I unlock it but this isn't the case. I have to force a re-index or restart Everything. Am I missing a setting to enable this or is this a bug?

Here's my settings for the problematic drive: (1TB_SSD / J:)

Thanks,
Stefan
NotNull

Re: Everything does not index Bitlocker encrypted drive

Post by NotNull »

Please search the forum for Bitlocker, VeraCrypt and/or TrueCrypt for information on how to handle BitLocker volumes.
roots

Post by roots »

I did search the forum for Bitlocker related topics. All results were describing different issues or didn't get a reply.

Veracrypt search results pretty much look the same except for a workaround using /reindex=X:, using a script to stop and start Everything and some messages saying "should be fixed in next version" or "is fixed in version [...]".
Same for TrueCrypt.
So could you please pinpoint me to where exactly I can find "how to handle BitLocker volumes"?
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

roots wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:53 pm "should be fixed in next version"
That would refer to the next major version of Everything, 1.5, which is still under development (release date unknown)
Until then, you will have to use one of the workarounds you already mentioned.

At least, that is how I understand it (not a BitLocker user).
roots

Post by roots »

Allright, thank you! Your first reply sounded like there is a solution available and I was just too dumb to find it.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

roots wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:52 pm Your first reply sounded like there is a solution available and I was just too dumb to find it.
That was not my intention! (but after re-reading my text, I can understand why might have thought that. Sorry..)
roots

Post by roots »

NotNull wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:29 pm That was not my intention! (but after re-reading my text, I can understand why might have thought that. Sorry..)
No worries :)
jdvann

Post by jdvann »

I had The same issue wit VeraCyrpt. I added the drive in to the Folders and it is fine.