Zoom Settings/ Full File Name

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Panhead55

Zoom Settings/ Full File Name

Post by Panhead55 »

Hello,

I recently installed a Windows 10 update which changed or (downgraded) my file explorer search from 1903 to 1909. Trying to revert back to the 1903 version, I was unsuccessful therefore downloading the Everything Search by Voidtools along with the void image viewer.

I have two questions regarding the settings.

1) With both Windows and Voidtools, I could double click on an image, opening to another window. With Windows I was able to use the mouse scroll and zoom in and out as needed to view the image. With Voidtools, the zoom option is either all or nothing, meaning there is no gradual viewing with the scroll. Is there a setting to make zooming in and out smoother and less drastic?

2) With Windows I was able to see the full file name (or at least most) of the image description at first glance, meaning the file name read low to high rather than l to r. Is there an option to make this the same setting as Microsoft's version? Otherwise, if the image description is long, you can only see the first line.

Attached are two examples of the full file name comparison.
Windows 10 Snip.JPG
Windows 10 Snip.JPG (16.98 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
Void Snip.JPG
Void Snip.JPG (9.91 KiB) Viewed 2755 times

3) Also the files are showing ALL folders, and i mean folders in folders in folders etc. is there a setting to only show the main folder?

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Thank you,

William
void
Developer

Re: Zoom Settings/ Full File Name

Post by void »

Thanks for your post.
1) With both Windows and Voidtools, I could double click on an image, opening to another window. With Windows I was able to use the mouse scroll and zoom in and out as needed to view the image. With Voidtools, the zoom option is either all or nothing, meaning there is no gradual viewing with the scroll. Is there a setting to make zooming in and out smoother and less drastic?
VoidImageViewer might be reading the mouse wheel delta incorrectly. Does the zoom work smoothly with the - and = keys?
2) With Windows I was able to see the full file name (or at least most) of the image description at first glance, meaning the file name read low to high rather than l to r. Is there an option to make this the same setting as Microsoft's version? Otherwise, if the image description is long, you can only see the first line.
Multi-line thumbnail text is in development.