How to search for named videofiles and videos in the named folders at the same time?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
ianmacdo

How to search for named videofiles and videos in the named folders at the same time?

Post by ianmacdo »

Hello
How can I search for named videos and all the videos in a folder of the same name and get the results on the same screen.

For Example, If I search for Terminator I would like the results to be like

Terminator.avi c:\movies\Terminator.avi
cd1.avi c:\movies\Terminator Directors Cut\cd1.avi
cd2.avi c:\movies\Terminator Directors Cut\cd2.avi

ect,

Thanks.
therube

Re: How to search for named videofiles and videos in the named folders at the same time?

Post by therube »

c:\movies\ video:

or
c:\movies\Terminator Directors Cut\ .avi

or
c:\movies\ .avi terminator

or...

Oh, you're saying you want a specific display output?
I'd think ES.exe (command-line search) might afford better possibilities in that regard?
ianmacdo

Re: How to search for named videofiles and videos in the named folders at the same time?

Post by ianmacdo »

Yeah, I was wondering if i could get everything to behave more like Copernic Search or even built in windows search.

So if I typed in terminator I would get all three results at once.
therube

Post by therube »

Match Path.
ianmacdo

Post by ianmacdo »

Thanks, That worked.
Just incase someone else had the same trouble, I tried enabling match path in the filter for videos, but that did not work at all. No change.

Under Search, you have to have a check next to Match Path (ctrl-U) and then it works like I wanted.

So maybe there is a problem with that setting in the Filter options?

Thanks