navigate

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
alnxp

navigate

Post by alnxp »

Is there any way to navigate among folders while searching? Say I search for the folder project25, WOX/Everything shows it up and if I click on it, it'll open. Is there anyway to bind a key or maybe ctrl+clicking (or any other thing) for only opening the directory?
vsub

Re: navigate

Post by vsub »

There are two methods(someone else will probably tell you the proper command line)

1.You will lose the ability to open the folder in the explorer by double clicking on the Path column

Tools=>Options=>General=>Result=>Enable "Open path with double click in path column"
Tools=>Options=>General=>Context Menu=>Open Path
You can hide this item if you want...in the command box below paste this
$exec("Path to Everything.exe" -search "%1")
Now when you double click on a path in will go to that folder

2.Set a hotkey that do what you want and keep the above working

Use the same command but set it to Explore Path(that way you will be able to double click and open the path in explorer...hide the menu if you want)
Go to Keyboard below,look for "File | Explore Path",set yoour hotkey and now when you select a folder and press your hotkey,the path of that folder will go to the search bar

The problem with both ways is(because I don't know what is the proper command)that if you select a file(not folder)it will send the file path to the search bar
alnxp

Post by alnxp »

Thank you for replying it.

I'm trying to set it up but the settings won't save. I tried it several times in different ways. In the menu general => results it's fine but in the context menu whenever I go back to it, the first option will always be checked. Does it ever happened to you? Btw, since I've been using everything with Wox, I was wondering to do these settings on it but I guess Wox is very limited?
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

alnxp wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:49 pm Thank you for replying it.

I'm trying to set it up but the settings won't save. I tried it several times in different ways. In the menu general => results it's fine but in the context menu whenever I go back to it, the first option will always be checked. Does it ever happened to you? Btw, since I've been using everything with Wox, I was wondering to do these settings on it but I guess Wox is very limited?
You can't do what you want with Wox alone.
As a workaround you can find the start of a tree and enter it by Wox
and then use the Breadcrumb function in the address line of your file manager to navigate down the tree.