EveryThing locks up! :-(

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
KBConcepts

EveryThing locks up! :-(

Post by KBConcepts »

Greeting support,

Many of my friend love this App, so I wanted to give it a try on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. I tried to install Everything v1.4, but it majorly locks up. I tried to end the Task/Process with several powerful programs, but they could not End the Process or the Tree. I rebooted to a bootable WinCE cleared out any folders/files in the Temp folder. Removed Everything from the drive. Deleted the Registry entries. Then tried to install it again and it locked up/froze again.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong or it there something wrong with the current version/build?
NotNull

Re: EveryThing locks up! :-(

Post by NotNull »

What do you mean by " it locked up/froze again?
Does Everything start? What does the status bar say? Are any results shown?

How did you install Everything? There are 3 different installer programs; all with various options)
KBConcepts

Post by KBConcepts »

Thanks for getting back to me.

What do you mean by " it locked up/froze again? Everything does not finish the install. I have to reboot with a WinPE and clear out any trace of the App.
Does Everything start? What does the status bar say? Are any results shown? No, Everything will not start

How did you install Everything? There are 3 different installer programs; all with various options. I left it on the default, when this happened. Then, I tried to install it as a Service... same problem
I found out that Everything can be used in Portable mode.
Any other suggestions are welcomed. I was hoping to use "Right Click" to search only specific Folders.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything Setup will wait for 1 minute for the existing Everything service to stop. Does the hang stop after one minute with an error?

Did the portable version run?

What version of Everything are you using? Start -> Run -> winver

To enable the Search Everything right click/context menu for folders:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
    Click the General tab.
    Check Show Search Everything folder context menu item.
    Click OK.
KBConcepts

Post by KBConcepts »

Everything Setup will wait for 1 minute for the existing Everything service to stop. Does the hang stop after one minute with an error?
I waited 10 minutes at least, never got to an error notice
Did the portable version run? Yes

What version of Everything are you using? Start -> Run -> winver v1909 18363.720

To enable the Search Everything right click/context menu for folders:
In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options. (Does that work with the portable version ?)
Click the General tab.
Check Show Search Everything folder context menu item.
Click OK.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thanks for the info.

Yes, the folder context menu options works for the portable version.