Preview window doesn't renew

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
MoetheSleaze

Preview window doesn't renew

Post by MoetheSleaze »

I use Everything for years now - and never experienced any problem. Now that I've updated my system to Windows 10 and my Everything to version 1.4.1.935 (x64) I suddenly realize that the preview window on the right side doesn't renew its content when I choose different mp3 files to play. The music changes but the album cover stays the same all the time. I know, it's not a big deal. But then again - it was so much nicer before. I'm grateful for any help.
NotNull

Re: Preview window doesn't renew

Post by NotNull »

Everything has "outsourced" the previewing of mp3 files to Windows: it uses the same mechanism as the one in File Explorer.

How does the preview in File Explorer behave? (press Alt-P to toggle the preview pane)
MoetheSleaze

Post by MoetheSleaze »

Thanks for the information. As far as I can see the preview in File Explorer works just fine: Alt-P immediately shows me the right album cover.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

That is strange ...

Are you running Everything with a different useraccount? (for example: administrtaor?)

Please check if you have Run as administrator disabled and Everything Service enabled.
Both can be found under Menu:Tools > Options > General
MoetheSleaze

Post by MoetheSleaze »

Thanks for your answer - but Run as administrator was disabled, and Everything Service was enabled.
In the meantime I found out that alt-p removes the wrong album cover in Everything and another pressing of alt-p shows me the correct cover in the end. A bit inconvenient - but better than nothing.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

MoetheSleaze wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:19 pm I use Everything for years now - and never experienced any problem. Now that I've updated my system to Windows 10 and my Everything to version 1.4.1.935 (x64) I suddenly realize that the preview window on the right side doesn't renew its content when I choose different mp3 files to play. The music changes but the album cover stays the same all the time. I know, it's not a big deal. But then again - it was so much nicer before. I'm grateful for any help.
For me this works fine.
If preview is on moving the cursor to the next file updates the album cover.
Everything Version 1.4.1.955 (x64)
Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.449)
MoetheSleaze

Post by MoetheSleaze »

Are you sure it's version 1.4.1.955 (x64)? I thought the newest version was 1.4.1.935.
vsub

Post by vsub »

Probably the same problem I have
http://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7167
and this is the solution
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6180
MoetheSleaze

Post by MoetheSleaze »

This was the solution! Thank you so much. :D :D :D