Everything conflicts with mouse gestures

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Pino

Everything conflicts with mouse gestures

Post by Pino »

Hi, first I'd like to thank the developers for this fantastic little application. They really have done a great job.
There's just one thing that bothers me. I use StrokeIt which is an app that allows you to control things with mouse gestures. For example, I can close any app with a single gesture. That is, except Everything and what's worse, any file/program opened from Everything.
Mouse gestures are performed by holding down the right mouse button and moving mouse. But Everything doesn't allow StrokeIt to work when it's open. Right click works as the left one - it forces the select multiple files feature, for some reason.
So my question is, is there a way to disable this behaviour so that users could use their mouse gestures utility? I would really hate having to search for an alternative as it's such a great program otherwise.
horst.epp

Re: Everything conflicts with mouse gestures

Post by horst.epp »

I also run StrokeIt, even to start Everything
For me there is no such problem or behaviour as you describe.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Downloaded StrokeIT (next time please add download location), run it: No problems.

MAybe you can add Evereything as a new application and create a special configureation for it.
Pino

Post by Pino »

Hi, thanks for you reply and for taking the trouble to test it out on your computer. I have always had all gestures set globally so it should work for all programs. However, Everything and a couple of system apps are an exception. I followed your suggestion to create gestures specifically for Everything, but no success. I wonder what's different on my system that it won't work like it does on yours.. Mine is Win10, by the way.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Are you running Everything as administrator? "Normal" programs (like StrokeIt) are not allowed to 'talk to' programs running as administrator.

To solve that:
- enable Everything Service
- disable Run as administrator

Both can be found under Menu:Tools > Options > General
Pino

Post by Pino »

I did exactly what you suggested and it worked! Thank you so much, I really appreciate your time and effort.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

:thumbsup: :)