Folders mixing with everything else, is it possible?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
alidan

Folders mixing with everything else, is it possible?

Post by alidan »

So I have a need
I got this program to make my life easier when searching for duplicates, a problem arose when I was doing a search, I got a long list of files, but there is a folder called

[here] lets go

and a zip called

[here] lets go

now normally there should be no problem, however there are about 20 files in between the two and it makes comparing them more difficult then needs be.
Is there a setting that just lets files and folder mesh together or is that not something the program can do?
void
Developer

Re: Folders mixing with everything else, is it possible?

Post by void »

Currently Everything has two separate databases for files and folders, which makes mixing file and folder results together difficult and inefficient.

I'm experimenting with a feature called "Index folders as files" which will allow mixing file and folder results together.

Technically, this will index folders as both files and folders. However, only file results will be shown.

Hopefully this feature will be available in the next major version of Everything.

Thanks for the suggestion.
alidan

Post by alidan »

there are times where having them separated would be helpful and there are times where mixed is more helpful.
honestly with how fast everything is, the usefulness of separated kind of falls because its honestly faster to just type 5 letters then scroll down

wit that said, any idea when the next version may happen? I have around 300gb of space and that should buy me quite a while before its required to cull. one of the bigger problems I have is folders and zip/rar being the same files and mixing them would help immensely.
vanisk

Post by vanisk »

alidan wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:09 am one of the bigger problems I have is folders and zip/rar being the same files and mixing them would help immensely.
idk, if this is what you are looking for, but worth visiting though (lol)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6379#p19421
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

vanisk wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:46 am idk, if this is what you are looking for, but worth visiting though (lol)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6379#p19421
Thanks for bringing that thread up; fixed the layout (those were my rookie-days :))