Mediaplayer Ellion HMR700A

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
thermokoppel

Mediaplayer Ellion HMR700A

Post by thermokoppel »

Hoi,

When I copy files to my extern USB-drive(NTFS) and I connect them with my mediaplayer it chrashes.
Plugging it back in my PC then the drive still works normally.
When I reformat this drive and I disable this volume in everything, copy some files on it my mediaplayer accept it. But then I cannot use this drive for searching.
I do this under Windows 7 - Ultimate.
Everything v 1.2.1.371

grts
therube

Re: Mediaplayer Ellion HMR700A

Post by therube »

Is your drive Flash or HDD based?
What crashes? WMP or Everything?

I have a known bad 2.5" HDD (NTFS) that I keep in an external case, connected via USB.
The drive will work up to a point. It works enough for my purposes (generally transferring non-critical files).

It is not detected as a removable drive, so Everything indexes (or tries to) when it is plugged in.
I have disabled that volume in Everything.
It would seem to me, that the least number of accesses to the drive that can be made, the better.
So to me, disabling Everything on the drive makes sense. (I generally know what I have put on it & where it is anyhow.)

If your drive is HDD based, my thought we be a failing HDD. Just a matter of time before it gives up entirely.
thermokoppel

Re: Mediaplayer Ellion HMR700A

Post by thermokoppel »

Hoi,

My drive is HDD Based.
The drive is brand new, it doesn't matter witch drive I connect to it.
I've tested it with several drives.
My mediaplayer does not accept the drives, I have to reset it.

I now the solution now.
Before I disconnect the drive from my PC, I disable that Volume.
Now my mediaplayer accept it normally, it seems that Everything writes something on the drive so that the mediaplayer crashes.

grts