Can't swap between programs after Everything Search

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Sleepwalker3

Can't swap between programs after Everything Search

Post by Sleepwalker3 »

Hi,
I've been using Everything for some years and it's been great (Thanks!), but at some stage in the past year or so I started having an issue after upgrading Everything. I'm not sure what version the problem started on sorry.

If I bring up the Everything window, or swap to it if it's just minimised, then I can't swap out of the Everything Window. If I select another program on the toolbar, it just stays at the everything window, if I Alt-Tab, it just stays on the Everything Window, if I open a file (e.g. a PDF) from Everything it just stays on the Everything Window rather than swapping to the PDF. The only way I can get off the Everything window is to hit ESC, minimise or close the window.

I just upgraded 1.4.1.935 in the hope this may fix the problem (think I was using 895 previously), but nothing changed. Is this some sort of setting, or is this some oddball bug? I have checked settings, but didn't find anything that I would associate with this problem. I hope somebody can help, as it's quite annoying, especially with such a great program.

Thanks
tuska

Re: Can't swap between programs after Everything Search

Post by tuska »

Change Menu "View" - "On Top"

Code: Select all

TO:   "Never"
?
Sleepwalker3

Re: Can't swap between programs after Everything Search

Post by Sleepwalker3 »

Thanks Tuska! That sorted it. I guess I must have set it somehow at some point.

Glad to have that sorted out, it was a real annoyance.

Cheers!