Everything showing .part and .crdownload files that aren't there for recently dled .jpgs

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
JTCGiants56

Everything showing .part and .crdownload files that aren't there for recently dled .jpgs

Post by JTCGiants56 »

When dling a .jpg from chrome or jdownloader it will create a .part or a .crdownload file temporarily as it downloads then when the dl is finished rename that to the .jpg extension. But even after the rename happens everything is still showing the .part of .crdownload version. Note that I do have everything set to exclude .jpgs, so I do not see these. Doing a re-index removes the .part and .crdownload files. Not sure if this is an issue with other file extensions, only noticed with .jpgs.
Last edited by JTCGiants56 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Re: Everything showing .part and .crdownload files that aren't there for recently dled .jpgs

Post by therube »

You're dealing with NTFS (Index) & have USN Journal & Monitoring changes enabled?

Does this occur with downloads from all sites/files or only particular?
Likewise if you download through Firefox (which I'm pretty sure does some sort of rename trick too) the situation does not occur?
JTCGiants56

Re: Everything showing .part and .crdownload files that aren't there for recently dled .jpgs

Post by JTCGiants56 »

I do have NTFS and USN journaling and monitoring on.

It seems to happen from all sites.

Just tested with FF and was not able to replicate this.

Thanks
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thanks for the bug report.

Everything was missing changes to files that would be excluded after the rename operation.

Please try Everything 1.4.1.934 or later for a fix.
JTCGiants56

Post by JTCGiants56 »

void wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:42 am Thanks for the bug report.

Everything was missing changes to files that would be excluded after the rename operation.

Please try Everything 1.4.1.934 or later for a fix.
Awesome, you're welcome. Will I be able to easily transition off the nightly build to stable without losing any settings?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Yes, please follow the recommended instructions for installing the nightly build:
  • Completely exit Everything (right click the Everything system tray icon and click Exit).
  • Open the Task Manager with Ctrl + Shift + ESC.
  • Click the Services tab.
  • Select Everything (if it exists), right click Everything and click Stop Service.
  • Overwrite your existing Everything.exe with one of the zipped Everything.exe below.
  • Select Everything (if it exists), right click Everything and click Start Service.
  • Run Everything.exe.
JTCGiants56

Post by JTCGiants56 »

void wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:13 am Yes, please follow the recommended instructions for installing the nightly build:
  • Completely exit Everything (right click the Everything system tray icon and click Exit).
  • Select Everything (if it exists), right click Everything and click Stop Service.
  • Overwrite your existing Everything.exe with one of the zipped Everything.exe below.
  • Select Everything (if it exists), right click Everything and click Start Service.
  • Run Everything.exe.
Thanks. I'm guessing the same applies when going back to stable?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Yes.
JTCGiants56

Post by JTCGiants56 »

void wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:35 amYes.
Just tested it. Looks to be fixed in the nightly. Thanks!
void
Developer

Post by void »

Fixed an issue with gathering file information. Please update to Everything 1.4.1.935.
JTCGiants56

Post by JTCGiants56 »

void wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:23 am Fixed an issue with gathering file information. Please update to Everything 1.4.1.935.
I was literally just having this issue and was going to mention it. Thanks.