help removing an unknown index?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Prisoner416

help removing an unknown index?

Post by Prisoner416 »

So a while ago I added a friend's portable hard drive to my computer. No big deal, except Everything indexed it, and there's stuff on it that I'd really rather not have in my results.

However, I can't simply delete the index, because I have a bunch of drives using the "I" drive path, and some of them I'd like to keep.

Is there a way to browse an index file to determine what's on it, so I know I'm removing the right one? Or to search for a certain file, and remove the index that file is linked to?
NotNull

Re: help removing an unknown index?

Post by NotNull »

Yes, there is!

Every disk in Everything has a unique FSI (File System Index, I guess), even if those disks are all connected with the L: driveletter.
You can use that to find the L-drive that you no longer want (like fsi:0, fsi:3, etc).

It is described in detail over here: viewtopic.php?t=6294
Prisoner416

Post by Prisoner416 »

Doesn't seem to work for me, goes up to fsi:6 and I have a lot more drives and indexes then that.

No way to simply browse an index for filenames so I can delete the right one?
salazor

Post by salazor »

It must work, check which disk you want remove - typing fsi:0 and one by one fsi:1, fsi:2, fsi:3 etc...

fsi:0 means the first disk in the list in NFTS tab

If your disk which you want remove is fsi:6 - this means 7 disk in the list in the NFTS tab

If there are no 7 disks in the NFTS tab, the next ones are on the ReFS or Folders tab