ETP server and client showing different Indexes

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
KernalCheddar

ETP server and client showing different Indexes

Post by KernalCheddar »

Hello again!

Newest problem we're having, we have an ETP server set up with several clients accessing it. the server is set to scan the folder in question every day at 3 AM, and when I remote into the server and look, it has all it's files up to date.

However, when accessing the index with the ETP client, the newest files were scanned on 11/17. why would these be different?

*edit* it appears to be an issue with the ETP server client service. the client service isn't scanning at all, while the software still is. I can disable the service to fix the problem, but I'd really like to get that service working.
NotNull

Re: ETP server and client showing different Indexes

Post by NotNull »

First (wild) guess:

The Everything client service is running under the local system account (I guess)
You are indexing non-local files (I think that because you are using folder indexing)

The local system account has no rights to access the network and thus can not index your files.

If this is what is going on, you can use a networked account for the client service. Make sure it's password never expires.
If you are on Active Directory, you can also use a managed service account.
void
Developer

Re: ETP server and client showing different Indexes

Post by void »

Please check your folder indexes are set correctly:
  • From the Start menu, click Run.
  • Type in the following and press ENTER:
    services.msc
  • Right click Everything Client and click Stop
  • Run your Everything.exe that is used for this client service manually and as administrator.
  • Please make sure the folder indexes are set correctly in Tools -> Options -> Folders.
  • Please make sure "Store settings and data in %APPDATA%\Everything" is unchecked from Tools -> Options -> General.
  • Exit Everything (Right click the Everything system tray icon and click Exit).
  • In Services, right click Everything Client and click Start.