MS Live Mesh

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
deanrmorrison

MS Live Mesh

Post by deanrmorrison »

I have been using MS' great PC synching service, Live Mesh, for some time now. The only problem is that "everything" indexes the Live Mesh synced folders at first, but seems to unindex them after every re-boot.

Is anyone having similar problems with Live Mesh and Everything?

Thanks
Dean
konkoo7

Re: MS Live Mesh

Post by konkoo7 »

I have just discovered the problem, too, and it's a huuuuuge setback for me, as both Mesh and Everything are my every-day tools.
I've been using portable Everything-1.2.1.371.zip . Downloaded and tried the beta Everything-1.2.1.375b.zip , but see no improvement.

A temporary solution is to migrate files from MS Mesh onto Dropbox, but my quota on the latter are almost full.

Regardless, a fix for the issue is badly needed.

Thanks! Everything is (almost) everything for me regarding file search !

Shem

EDIT1 (2009-09-12 18:35:12): I have reported this as a bug at:

http://forum.voidtools.com/viewtopic.ph ... 50&start=0

EDIT 2 (2009-09-12 19:23:24): Everything-1.2.1.421b (released Sept 3, 2009) - same issue.

EDIT 3 (2009-09-13 11:36:11): Locate32-3.1.9.06070 can process Mesh folders alright (though Locate32 has no instantantaneous update, so it cannot offer a complete replacement for Everything).
konkoo7

Post by konkoo7 »

Everything-1.2.1.451a appears to fix the issue. Many thanks, David.

Shem
Rochey

Post by Rochey »

I'm using Everything-1.2.1.451a and it doesn't seem to be finding files that I have in my Mesh folders.

@konkoo7 are you sure that it is fixed on yours?
Live mesh may have updated and broke something.

Is anybody else having trouble with Live mesh and Everything?

Rochey
konkoo7

Post by konkoo7 »

@Rochey

Yes, you are right. I must confirm the problem has re-surfaced recently, no idea why, or exactly when. I'm glad I'm not the only one in need of a solution here. As I may have mentioned in my previous posts, my solutions for Mesh folders are: Locate32 (I index files once a day, takes 4-5 minutes to do), Copernic Desktop Search (slow, but indexing real time), and - within a particular folders - Total Commander search. Cumbersome, I know, but allowing me to always find what I want, in the end.

Let's hope a permanent fix can be found soon.

Regards.