Everything Crash - compatibility with Bitdefender

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
nek4d

Everything Crash - compatibility with Bitdefender

Post by nek4d »

Been using Everything on many PCs for many years just fine.
Only on 1 PC with win 8 it happened that I only had to use the Beta version, not sure why.
But this is another matter.

Before a few days, I took advantage of an offer on Bitdefender Internet Security.
I removed previous AV on 2 PCs (avg and avast) and ever since I started receiving crashes of Everything.
I restart Everything and after some time, maybe 2 hours or so, it crashes again.
Nothing else changed to the systems, so I am certain it is something about Bitdefender.

I searched online and found another member here mentioning the same problem with Bitdefender (moved from eset) but with different title/approach:
http://forum.voidtools.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1330
So I joined here to share my experience and help future users by opening this new topic.

Do you have any ideas/solutions?
vurtikas

Re: Everything Crash - compatibility with Bitdefender

Post by vurtikas »

Hello!
I can confirm this behavior.

- I installed BitDefender Free Version (1.0.21 ) Everything started to crash twice a day
- The Error Message is .\src\file (106): thread_t::start(): Fatal Error: type Last Windows Error 8: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

More references:
- http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-appl ... 10837.html
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

Try with the Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and not with the useless firewall and other stuff which is part of the Security suite.
I have no problems with Everything and the Bitdefender Antivirus engine running.
nek4d

Post by nek4d »

To all those having the same problem, I solved it by removing Everything and installing again the beta version, instead of the normal one.
Somehow, there are no problems now!

I suspect this may happen also if you uninstall the normal version and reinstall it, after bitdefender is installed.
If someone tries it, let us know.
If it works also for others, this subject will help next readers.
If it does not work, try the beta which I confirm works on 2 machines.
(I could test that too, but better anyway to be confirmed by other members).

(@ horst.epp: The free version mentioned by vurtikas, has no firewall or extra stuff. The security suite is not the problem, most probably the time of installation is the problem, meaning which is installed firstly).
Davey126

Post by Davey126 »

First, I love Everything and have been using it for years. It is one of the first packages to go on a new build and it my 'go-to' search tool despite a few idiosyncrasies.

I can confirm Everything 1.3.3.658 (x64) and 1.2.1.371 are unstable with Bitdefender (free edition) on Win 8.1, both before and after Update 1. I receive the same crash and error message after a few hours. On occasion I have to delete Everything's database to prevent a crash on restart. I have seen a similar issues XP. That is not to say it does not work for everyone. Just sharing my experience on three machines which began shortly after installing Bitdefender. In each case I was coming from a Microsoft AV product (Defender or Security Essentials).

I also observed a similar negative interaction between Everything and Drive Bender when monitoring folders on pooled drives. However, DB is a rather obscure product so I never bothered to report that in the forums.

The OP mentioned reinstalling Everything which I will try shortly. Would be great if it's that simple!
Davey126

Post by Davey126 »

Reinstalling Everything appears to have resolved the problem with Bitdefender; no crashes in the past 36 hours. Yea!

Unfortunately, reinstallation did not help with Drive Bender compatibility (for the 12 people who use this product).