It seems to be one of the best tools I've ever seen and judging from your replies/support here you're continually developing and improving it considering users feedback.
I've installed the latest beta version of Everything v184.108.40.2069b. I'm running it standalone without service enabled (it just sits in the tray). Everything starts on Windows 7 x64 SP1 under admin privileges with UAC turned off.
Set up few NTFS local volumes + 2 network mapped drives with exclusion lists (some of the exclusions are paths on the network mapped drives to prevent duplicates).
1. Everything crashes randomly at night on update for some reason - how do I enable log to check?
here is a log from eventwvr.msc:
Code: Select all
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-05-14T23:23:15.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>12877</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>COMPUTER</Computer> <Security /> </System> - <EventData> <Data>Everything.exe</Data> <Data>220.127.116.119</Data> <Data>5188ba33</Data> <Data>Everything.exe</Data> <Data>18.104.22.1689</Data> <Data>5188ba33</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>00010a4e</Data> <Data>147d4</Data> <Data>01ce50347a04ba31</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything.exe</Data> <Data>3fffdc12-bced-11e2-8895-e90b83995d3e</Data> </EventData> </Event>
3. When I add or modify exclusions list - it rescans whole thing again instead of just excluding certain folders or files from the existing database.
4. Also I noticed on beta version it seems to be building an index a bit longer for NTFS drives than on 1.2 stable version. I guess its normal or not?
5. Everything main window and settings window hangs if you change any settings in the Folders section (attempting to rescan folders specified there). Any chance to make rescanning button maybe somewhere or make it manual? (Simple scenario: if I want to change update hours to 72 hours it forces to index update instead of just changing setting).
6. Another suggestion I have in mind to implement searching whilst there is still update process going on in the background (only on the already indexed drives/folders).
Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.