Silent Installation

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
BzowK

Silent Installation

Post by BzowK »

Good Afternoon -

I'm trying to set up Everything to deploy silently via SCCM 2007.

The first step is to find the command line which will work to have it silently install. I've tried many things after researching the command line options page, but can't get it to work. Below's what I've tried & the results.

- Using the downloaded file, I ran "everything-1.2.1.271.exe /silent" - It didn't install silently
- Using the downloaded file, I ran "everything-1.2.1.271.exe /s" - It didn't install silently
- Using the downloaded file, I ran "everything-1.2.1.271.exe -silent" - It didn't install silently
- Using the downloaded file, I ran "everything-1.2.1.271.exe -s" - It didn't install silently

I copied the folder "Everything" from "Program Files" to the root then uninstalled Everything. Using the files copied, I tried using the switches like below.
"everything.exe -config everything.ini -install_start_menu_shortcuts -install_desktop_shortcuts -install_run_on_startup

Only two issues with the command line functions. First, when run, it would not close the main window initally (not a big deal) but also after reboot wouldn't start back up automatically. Does the app have to be installed first for it to do so?

So... how may I silently install Everything via a command line? If an MSI was avaliable, it would be a huge help too!

Thanks!
therube

Re: Silent Installation

Post by therube »

(You should use, "Everything" version 1.2.1.451a, it's newer, better.)

The installer version uses the NSIS installer.
installer.exe /S should be silent mode, at least per the docs, http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Chapter4.html#4.12.
But, "NSIS installers and uninstallers can be both silent and not silent" so given that /S does not work, suppose silent mode was not implemented?

Ah, it does work!
The command line parameters are case sensitive.
So ...

> Everything-1.2.1.371.exe /S
or
> Everything-1.2.1.371.exe /S /D=C:\bin\Everything

Do you even need to use the installer, rather then just the stand-alone .exe?
void
Developer

Re: Silent Installation

Post by void »