History or saved options for find/replace

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
shawnkhall

History or saved options for find/replace

Post by shawnkhall »

I *love* Everything. Over the last few months I have been using the find/replace functionality (F2) to rename dozens and sometimes hundreds of files several times per week. It's amazingly effective and provides a beautiful replacement syntax. I use one of four different find/replace string combinations for each operation. Unfortunately, I have to keep notes handy to reenter the find/replace text combinations each time since they're not remembered and there is no history.

A history should be provided for find/replace combinations similar to the search history in everything through a chevron that allows selecting previous options. Or, even better, this could show as a list below below the old/new format blocks in the Rename dialog where you could pick any of the previous find/replace combinations and remove any that were no longer relevant.
void
Developer

Re: History or saved options for find/replace

Post by void »

Old format and New Format history is on my TODO list.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion.
shawnkhall

Post by shawnkhall »

Thank you! I just found your TODO list and am reviewing it. :)
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

If you use Everything's rename functionality a lot, you might be interested in integrating this in File Explorer too.
That way you can select some files in Explorer and open them in the rename tool right away.

Link