What do you mean by *the* context menu? The Windows context menu in for example File Explorer, or the context menu in Everything (that also includes the Windows context menu entries).
If you want Everything's Advanced Rename functionality added to Explorer,
you can do the following:
- In File Explorer, enter the following in the address bar and press ENTER:
- Create a new shortcut with the following specifications:
- Location of the item = "C:\Program Files\Everything\Everything.exe" -rename
- Name for this shortcut = Everything Rename
Now you can, in Explorer, select a couple of files and from the context menu select Send to > Everything Rename
The -rename command-line option will start the Advanced Rename tool.
Also available: -copyto and -moveto for .. well you get it
If you want this functionality in Everything
itself, consider adding a keyboard shortcut to these actions for quick access:
- Go to Menu:Tools > Options > General > Keyboard
- In the Show commands containing: box, type Advanced
- Select the item you want to add a (global) keyboard shortcut to
- Choose Add and fill in the desired fields.
The keyboard shortcut for Advanced Rename as well as 'normal' rename is F2
in the Show Commands box to reconfigure it)
Cirn09 wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:03 pm
Advanced Move features are really convenient. I usually use it as advanced rename tool.
But its entrance is too deep, need 4 clicks and 1 select or more.
BTW: How come you need 4 clicks?
For Advanced Copy/Move:
Click 1 : Edit Menu entry
Click 2 : Advanced
Click 3 : Advanced Copy/Move
(and "Click 2" is not strictly necessary; just hover it and it will expand)
For Advanced Rename
Click 1 : File Menu entry
Click 2 : Rename