Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
If it doesn't: Windows PowerToys (for Win10, btw) comes with a preview handler for markdown files.
You don't need to install the entire PowerToys; you can select what to install during setup.
If you are OK with showing the same content as Notepad would show: that can be done by adding a simple registry key.
To set Everything and Explorer to preview markdown files as plain text:
- From the Start menu, click Run.
- Type in the following and press ENTER:
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
- Right click HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and click New -> Key.
- Change the new key name to: .md
- On the right side, right click and click New String Value.
- Set the value name to: PerceivedType
- Set the value data to: text
- Everything and Windows Explorer should now preview .md files as plain/text.