Include common user file types only

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
andreasd083

Include common user file types only

Post by andreasd083 »

I love the program, but as I mostly use it to search documents, pictures and user created files I get a list full of file types I'm not interested in. I am using the exclude system files but still there are a lof of files. I Started using the exclude file types and excluding as I go but it would be easier to have a list of files to include or a checkbox for show only user created files with the most common file extensions.

Is there a list of the most common user file types and/or could this be implemented in the settings?
ovg

Re: Include common user file types only

Post by ovg »

You can create a filter and include all desired file types in it ..... See predefined filters for e.g.
void
Developer

Re: Include common user file types only

Post by void »

Please try the following to include only 'common' file extensions:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Exclude tab on the left.
  • Change Include only files to:

Code: Select all

*.aac;*.ac3;*.aif;*.aifc;*.aiff;*.ape;*.au;*.cda;*.dts;*.fla;*.flac;*.it;*.m1a;*.m2a;*.m3u;*.m4a;*.mid;*.midi;*.mka;*.mod;*.mp2;*.mp3;*.mpa;*.ogg;*.opus;*.ra;*.rmi;*.spc;*.rmi;*.snd;*.umx;*.voc;*.wav;*.weba;*.wma;*.xm;*.7z;*.ace;*.arj;*.bz2;*.cab;*.gz;*.gzip;*.jar;*.r00;*.r01;*.r02;*.r03;*.r04;*.r05;*.r06;*.r07;*.r08;*.r09;*.r10;*.r11;*.r12;*.r13;*.r14;*.r15;*.r16;*.r17;*.r18;*.r19;*.r20;*.r21;*.r22;*.r23;*.r24;*.r25;*.r26;*.r27;*.r28;*.r29;*.rar;*.tar;*.tgz;*.z;*.zip;*.c;*.cc;*.chm;*.cpp;*.cs;*.css;*.csv;*.cxx;*.doc;*.docm;*.docx;*.dot;*.dotm;*.dotx;*.epub;*.h;*.hpp;*.htm;*.html;*.hxx;*.ini;*.java;*.js;*.json;*.lua;*.mht;*.mhtml;*.mobi;*.odt;*.pdf;*.php;*.potx;*.potm;*.ppam;*.ppsm;*.ppsx;*.pps;*.ppt;*.pptm;*.pptx;*.py;*.rtf;*.sldm;*.sldx;*.thmx;*.txt;*.vsd;*.wpd;*.wps;*.wri;*.xlam;*.xls;*.xlsb;*.xlsm;*.xlsx;*.xltm;*.xltx;*.xml;*.vb;*.bat;*.cmd;*.exe;*.msi;*.msp;*.msu;*.ps1;*.scr;*.ani;*.apng;*.bmp;*.bpg;*.cur;*.gif;*.ico;*.jfi;*.jfif;*.jif;*.jpe;*.jpeg;*.jpg;*.pcx;*.png;*.psb;*.psd;*.rle;*.svg;*.tga;*.tif;*.tiff;*.webp;*.wmf;*.3g2;*.3gp;*.3gp2;*.3gpp;*.amr;*.amv;*.asf;*.asx;*.avi;*.bdmv;*.bik;*.d2v;*.divx;*.drc;*.dsa;*.dsm;*.dss;*.dsv;*.evo;*.f4v;*.flc;*.fli;*.flic;*.flv;*.hdmov;*.ifo;*.ivf;*.m1v;*.m2p;*.m2t;*.m2ts;*.m2v;*.m4b;*.m4p;*.m4v;*.mkv;*.mp2v;*.mp4;*.mp4v;*.mpe;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.mpls;*.mpv2;*.mpv4;*.mov;*.mts;*.ogm;*.ogv;*.pss;*.pva;*.qt;*.ram;*.ratdvd;*.rm;*.rmm;*.rmvb;*.roq;*.rpm;*.smil;*.smk;*.swf;*.tp;*.tpr;*.ts;*.vob;*.vp6;*.webm;*.wm;*.wmp;*.wmv

• Click OK.