Enable Exclude List - faster option? | add to Bookmarks?

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
juzzle

Enable Exclude List - faster option? | add to Bookmarks?

Post by juzzle »

I often toggle the "enable exclude list" on and off, depending on my mode of work. It's an excellent option, however, it's It's highly frustrating that toggling between excluding or not excluding forces a rescan of all drives. Is there any way for Everything to perhaps cache, store or otherwise remember the catalogues corresponding to the Exclude and All state?

On a related note, it would be brilliant , even if the above wasn't implemented, if Bookmarks were to contain an option to Enable (or Disable) the Exclude List.
void
Developer

Re: Enable Exclude List - faster option? | add to Bookmarks?

Post by void »

A Temporary Exclude feature is in development.

You will be able to toggle this on/off without forcing a rebuild.

Thanks for the suggestion.
On a related note, it would be brilliant , even if the above wasn't implemented, if Bookmarks were to contain an option to Enable (or Disable) the Exclude List.
Good idea, added to my TODO list.

For now, please consider creating a filter to exclude items:
  • In Everything, from the Search menu, click Add to filters....
  • Change the Name to: Almost Everything
  • Change the Search to the folders and files you wish to exclude, for example:
    !"C:\Program Files\" !"C:\Windows\" "!ext:tmp;lnk"
  • Click OK.
Filters can be activated from the Search menu, Filter bar (View -> Filters), right clicking the status bar, filter macro or filter keyboard shortcut.

Note: you can also Edit your Everything filter from Search -> Organize Filters -> Everything -> Edit...
juzzle

Re: Enable Exclude List - faster option? | add to Bookmarks?

Post by juzzle »

Thank you David for your ongoing professional attitude and this awesome product :)