Run Count- Please Increase It When a Parent Folder is Opened

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
HungerFreeze

Run Count- Please Increase It When a Parent Folder is Opened

Post by HungerFreeze »

Hi, Dave,

Hope you are taking it easy. You are doing awesome by the way.

Feature Request: Increase Run Count
I have a very simple feature request. When I perform a search and the search results are listed in the window, one of the first columns is the Run Count and I use this as the criterion for sorting my search results. I was wondering if you could increase the total Run Count of a file if the user opts to only double-click the parent folder within a row, skipping double-clicking the file itself.

Why? Well, most of the time, I double-click the parent folder that is in the search results to ensure that I have the correct file and if there are any other files that I also want to open as well. Then, I open the file that was in the search result. Everything's run count obviously will not go up when I do this because I open the file while it is in the Windows File Explorer folder.

I don't know if this is applicable to everyone but Run Count is the main criterion I use to sort my search results. It's basically a proxy, showing how important the file is. It's an awesome feature that you included that other search engine programs do not have. I learn which files I access the most and if how important one file is relative to another. Then, I make a shortcut of it if the Run Count reaches a certain point because it would be more productive to use a shortcut. But, I always want to keep my group of frequent shortcuts very small because it would be difficult to find a shortcut in a group of even 10.

By the way, Dave, do you work on, think about, or have interest in working on OS development? I'm trying to gather a group of competent individuals to discuss this topic. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Sincerely,

I'm Not Hungry
void
Developer

Re: Run Count- Please Increase It When a Parent Folder is Opened

Post by void »

Hi HungerFreeze,

Thank you for your post.

I've put on my TODO list: Inc run count for files opened from the path column. -Currently not working because there is no selection.

Ctrl + Enter when a file is selected is working as intented.

Thanks for the suggestion.
By the way, Dave, do you work on, think about, or have interest in working on OS development?
My focus is on Everything at the moment.
I am interested, please feel free to post here or contact me.