Add Copy all functionality

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
j2associates

Add Copy all functionality

Post by j2associates »

When you have filtered your list to a given level of completeness, it would really be nice if there was a Copy All function that you could utilize to copy everything to a csv file or to Excel. For example, in Sql Server after running a Query you can right click in the upper left hand corner of the results pane and select Copy with Headers which can then be immediately copied into an Excel file by selecting cell A1 and copying.

Even better would be if part of that copy included an addition line that saved off the active filter.

This is a great product!

NotNull

Re: Add Copy all functionality

Post by NotNull »

j2associates wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:46 am When you have filtered your list to a given level of completeness, it would really be nice if there was a Copy All function that you could utilize to copy everything to a csv file or to Excel
Menu:File > Export ..
Here you have several export formats, among which a CSV file format.

j2associates wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:46 am Even better would be if part of that copy included an addition line that saved off the active filter.
Save the results as - for example - Audio.csv.
j2associates

Post by j2associates »

Thanks! It's an easy conversion from csv to Excel. Have you considered supporting Open Office? Just curious, not really asking for it per se.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

j2associates wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:49 pm Have you considered supporting Open Office?
I consider a lot of things, but I am not the developer of Everything :) (that would be void, btw)

If you are using OpenOffice, consider switching to LibreOffice.
OpenOffice is almost "dead", as most OpenOffice developers switched to LibreOffice years ago (long story; keyword: Oracle). And LibreOffice can save files in Microsoft Office format.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

NotNull wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:18 pm
j2associates wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:49 pm Have you considered supporting Open Office?
I consider a lot of things, but I am not the developer of Everything :) (that would be void, btw)

If you are using OpenOffice, consider switching to LibreOffice.
OpenOffice is almost "dead", as most OpenOffice developers switched to LibreOffice years ago (long story; keyword: Oracle). And LibreOffice can save files in Microsoft Office format.
I also switched from OpenOffice to LibreOffice but then to Softmaker FreeOffice.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Thanks for this tip! Will try it (I trust your judgement ..)

EDIT: Too bad, only 32-bit ..
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

NotNull wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:49 pm Thanks for this tip! Will try it (I trust your judgement ..)

EDIT: Too bad, only 32-bit ..
I always use the x64 versions of any tool if available
but I never missed anything just because its 32bit.
At least for my documents there are no limits imposed just by using 32bit.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

To keep this off-topic ;) :

We all make our own choices using our own criteria.

In my experience, programs that are 32-bit and use some sort of plug-in system have trouble making the step to 64-bit as that would render all those plug-ins useless. Notepad++ comes to mind (that one made the "jump" after a long time) and MusicBee (a music player). And your beloved Total Commander of course :).
The plug-ins keep it in the 32-bit world.

32-bit programs load 32-bit DLL's. Meaning that If most of your programs are 64-bit (causing most used 64-bit DLL's already in memory), that a 32-bit program has to load a lot of extra (32-bit) DLL's and as a result using extra RAM.
My favourite system runs Win7 (yes, I know ..) with 1.7 GB RAM (that is not a typo). All slowness and RAM usage is noticeable on that system (forgot to mention that it has a 10+ year old CPU too). So the only 32-bit applications on that machine are little "stand-alone" utilities.