search/find in preview pane ?

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Post Reply
Andreas Sachse
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:24 pm
Location: Dresden

search/find in preview pane ?

Post by Andreas Sachse » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:32 pm

in txt,html files on preview pane
possbile with everything ?

NotNull
Posts: 1875
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: search/find in preview pane ?

Post by NotNull » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:27 pm

No, not yet. But it is under consideration for a future version of Everything, including highlighting the text you searched for with the content: function.

It was discussed a couple of times (you're not the first to find this useful :)), but I can't find the relevant threads at the moment.

horst.epp
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: search/find in preview pane ?

Post by horst.epp » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:43 am

NotNull wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:27 pm
No, not yet. But it is under consideration for a future version of Everything, including highlighting the text you searched for with the content: function.

It was discussed a couple of times (you're not the first to find this useful :)), but I can't find the relevant threads at the moment.
You found one in this thread :)
http://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopi ... ler#p30169

NotNull
Posts: 1875
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: search/find in preview pane ?

Post by NotNull » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:57 pm

horst.epp wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:43 am
You found one in this thread :)
Ha, you got me there! :D
I forgot I even had this as I don't use it anymore (too slow ...). The syntax highlighting question triggered me.

horst.epp
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: search/find in preview pane ?

Post by horst.epp » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:20 pm

NotNull wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:57 pm
horst.epp wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:43 am
You found one in this thread :)
Ha, you got me there! :D
I forgot I even had this as I don't use it anymore (too slow ...). The syntax highlighting question triggered me.
For me its fast but I'm stll searching how to go to the next match in the search dialog ?

NotNull
Posts: 1875
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: search/find in preview pane ?

Post by NotNull » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Enable the Search from caret checkbox and click the Search button again.

(FWIW: on my (old) machine it takes 7 seconds to load and start the preview handler)

horst.epp
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: search/find in preview pane ?

Post by horst.epp » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:49 pm

NotNull wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:37 pm
Enable the Search from caret checkbox and click the Search button again.

(FWIW: on my (old) machine it takes 7 seconds to load and start the preview handler)
Thanks, some function key would be simpler.
The startup on my system is less than 3 seconds in Everything and even less in Total Commander.

NotNull
Posts: 1875
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: search/find in preview pane ?

Post by NotNull » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:11 pm

horst.epp wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:49 pm
Thanks, some function key would be simpler.
Agreed, but I don't know if that is possible given that this preview pane is controlled by Everything (like an iframe in webpages, I imagine) and not an independent application.

Andreas Sachse
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:24 pm
Location: Dresden

Re: search/find in preview pane ?

Post by Andreas Sachse » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:05 am

ah okay

thanks

Post Reply