Saving viewing position and selected files between program launches

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Adollo

Saving viewing position and selected files between program launches

Post by Adollo »

I apologize if someone already offered something similar, but I did not find. I also apologize for my English - Google Translate, sorry =)

I use the divine Everything more often than Explorer to view a large number of files. If Everything is minimized and restored, then the viewing position and selecеcted files in the list of found files is saved (obviously!), If you close Everything, then the position and selected files are lost, and the next time you open the program, they are changed to the original ones. Is it possible to add the option to save the position of viewing and highlighting files between program starts? I think it would be useful =)
void
Developer

Re: Saving viewing position and selected files between program launches

Post by void »

Please try the hide on close feature.

To enable hide on close:
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /hide_on_close=1
  • If successful, you should see hide_on_close=1 in the status bar for a few seconds.
This will hide your window instead of closing it, keeping your current view and selection.

The current view position and selection is only keep while Everything is running in the background.
The current view position and selection will be lost when you restart your PC.

To disable hide on close (default):
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /hide_on_close=0
  • If successful, you should see hide_on_close=0 in the status bar for a few seconds.
NotNull

Re: Saving viewing position and selected files between program launches

Post by NotNull »

There is also an option to re-open Everything with your last search.
To enable that:
  • Go to Menu:Tools > Options > Home
  • Select Use last search in the Search dropdown list
  • Click OK
When your Everything window is partly out of sight (off the desktop), Everything will reopen with it's entire window visible.